Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky369 View Post
    Currently awaiting my RPAL License
    Living in Calgary and currently a Member at The Shooting Edge
    What are other good options for Ranges in Calgary and area?
    I am also looking at a SIG 226 for my first pistol, welcome any comments.
    I would also be interested if anyone had the time to do some training on shooting.

Jesse
    I joined the Buffalo Target shooters that uses the Steve Johnson Range that is on 11 st NE just north of 64th. It's an outdoor range but the firing line is covered. I may switch to TSE for the winter, but in the summer I would rather shoot outdoors. The hours are limited to Tues-Thurs 6-9 and Sat & Sun 9-5. I was there yesterday for 2 hours and I had the whole place to myself. Cost was $150/year but it expires Dec 31.
    "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car"

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the info, once I have my license I would like to get a membership to an outdoor range as well. Might as well take advantage of the summer outside while we have it.
    What do the Buffalo Target Shooters do as a group?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky369 View Post
    Thanks for the info, once I have my license I would like to get a membership to an outdoor range as well. Might as well take advantage of the summer outside while we have it.
    What do the Buffalo Target Shooters do as a group?
    You can get info at btsa.ca
    "When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car"

Can I use my AR-15 at the Edmonton Wild West Range? Does .223 caliber is allowed there? Thanks!
    yay!

last time I checked, the WW did not allow "rifle" rounds....not enough backstop.

they did have a couple of 9mm Bushmasters for range guns though.
    The secret to happiness is being able to answer the following:

....if I wanted to I could...

Anyone in Fort Mcmurray

Hey guys I'm new to guns and I'll soon be a new residence of Fort Mac. I was wondering what Fort Mac has to offer when if comes to firearms. Are there many stores, places to shoot, etc. Thanks for your time guys.

Richard

BANNED
    Any newbies in the upper fraser valley can contact me if you would like to do a little plinking...I've got a little of everything except black rifles...(on order)

Looking for a shotgun partner

Hi I am enjoying shooting trap and looking to meet some others to discuss the sport with as well as learn the basics in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurr View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to guns and I'll soon be a new residence of Fort Mac. I was wondering what Fort Mac has to offer when if comes to firearms. Are there many stores, places to shoot, etc. Thanks for your time guys.

Richard
    Hey man..not sure about ft mac but if you head south to Cold Lake give me a shout. we have an outdoor range here but there is a licensing issue right now so we go th B-ville with the restricted toys.

cheers
    Definition of a veteran - Whether active duty, retired, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his/her life, signed a blank check made payable to "The People of Canada", for an amount "up to and including my life."

Ft.mac has one outdoor range that i know of and is sopposed to be pretty nice.As for firearms alot come down to edmonton to pick up restricted firearms so could not really say if there is a place or not.just know how many walk through the door at the indoor range and gunshop i work in.