Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Hello You CanadianGunNutz!

Edmonton here, originally from London, England, and have my RPAL in process

I've shot a few times at buddy's farm, always Gophers and had a go on .22, .270. 200, 12 gauge and 20 gauge.

As soon as the license is in, I'm buying a Marlin 60 .22lr, Bushnell XLT Trophy scope, a 12 gauge Remington 870 and a Trius 1 step thrower (already invested in a rifle case, 3 trigger locks, bipod and neoprene sling, good bye end of year tax returns!).

Going off of timelines posted here, I'll have my RPAL by mid May and atm, just looking to connect with people who are up for shooting gophers and also do some skeet/trap shooting. I don't have access to farm land but if you go anywhere around Edmonton (up to about 1-2 hrs from town), I'd be in for sure. Would also be willing for people use my gear in case they're thinking of buying a 22 or 12 gauge.

I'll update this post as soon as I receive and have all gear in but just wanted to get on people's radar.

Speak soon folks.

Hello, looking for anyone to show me around some good land to go plinking on around Calgary, preferably north of the city and not too far out.
    Thanks

Hi Guys I am looking for some information to help me out. I am currently living and hunting in the uk and will be hopefully be moving to Calgary very soon. I will only be over in Canada on a work visa so I will not be allowed to hunt on my own. so my question is how hard is it to get a place to hunt as people struggle in the uk to find land to shoot on. I have been lucky and have always had several thousand aces to hunt over in the uk because I have worked as a gamekeeper. I am really looking forward to having a go at coyote hunting I think that looks really interesting I love foxing in the uk but that looks something else. I know I would have to find a Canadian who would let me tag along. but what are the rules about coyote hunting? Is there ground that anybody can go hunting on?
    Thanks Richard

Hi, I am recently relocated to Edmonton, would like to meet people who have more experiences.
    I am pretty new to this hobby.
    only got my PAL recently and thinking venture into hunting (that will be new to me as well)
    got a .270 win rifle and looking into expanding the collection somewhat

Hi I am just getting into the sport of shooting and hunting for myself and I am in need of a mentor for some questions and many some help look forward to herring back from you

Hello,
    New to the hobby in Calgary and looking to meet people to go shooting with.
    Look foreward to hearing from you.
    Thanks

Hey everyone, looking for some shooters in the Drayton Valley area to go enjoy some range time with.

Hi folks,

I am planning to buy a glock 17 handgun.
    Where I can get a better deal and what is the price range?

Also what is the price of ammo?

Thanks.
    Tom

Hi Jonanddad,

Where you bought the glock 17 and how does it feel like?
    Is ammo costly?

Also what is the different between FXD and GEn4?

Tom
    Last edited by zhoukehu; 06-14-2017 at 05:48 PM.

I figured I'd bump this since CHAS is opening up memberships today and I'll be applying for one as soon as they open them up. I already have a Marlin Model 795 and looking to start with the M&P9 Range Kit for my first pistol. Anyone else going to be new to CHAS or some veterans looking to teach an amateur the ropes out there this winter?