Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Alberta

Hey guys, I'm looking for a mentor to teach me how to hunt and fish. I never got to learn how to hunt when I was growing up and only went fishing a handful of times.
    I'm 26 now, have my PAL/RPAL and have a few firearms with potential for small game, fowl and deer.
    Send me a PM if you'd be willing to show me a few things.

-Wesley

Noobie from Sherwood park. Originally from farm near Lethbridge. Minimal exp with grandpas.22lr. Married to a yank gal who actually wants more guns in the house!

Restricted and non restricted pal for over a dozen years but never actually purchased anything until now. Starting from scratch and looking for any advice/input on any topic re safes pistols rifles shotguns.

Rough priorities are 1,safe 2,pistol 3,shotgun 4,goofy ar platform with stuff hung off the front (silly I know, but want one to exercise my privilege to own one. 5, true hunting rifle.

Recently signed up for full membership at Phoenix. Would like to get with Sherwood park range. Was disheartened to learn that it was "full". Country boy stuck in the city, and not knowing what to do about not having my own land to shoot on.

I need training and intend on taking back badge when I pick a pistol. So please, make recommendations. Are prices for each similar across the retailers? Spoke with Kelly at pheonix quite a bit last week and was put at ease with the time he was willing to spend with me. Plan on giving them a lot of business.

Looking to make some shooting contacts. Everything from folks that just like guns to anyone who needs gophers eradicated to people who have a place to let me try shooting skeet.

Wiling to pay for ammo, fuel, car pool, etc obviously. Also willing to join other ranges to make friendships and mentoring more feasible.

I see firearms as a necessary tool. They need to be respected and enjoyed responsibly. A major factor in that is knowledgeable use. Any tradesman wouldn't use a tool without being trained on it appropriately.

I'm a fireman and paramedic and have a pretty decent open schedule.

Thanks for your time. Hopefully someone reads this.

Marc

Anyone in the Jasper, Hinton, or Edson area?

Looking for someone to shoot with!

New to fort mcmurray looking for a place to shoot as well as do my rpal. Not new to guns just got to alberta from quebecistan. (.yes i speak english) lol

Hey all, barely any experience with shooting and definitely want to get into it. I have my Rpal and just got a membership to Calgary Shooting Centre, if anyones willing to help me out would awesome not many "noob" courses out there for beginners trying to get into the restricted market.

Hi, dose anyone know any crown land (or whatever) close to Edmonton? The land that no one will bother me, and no need to call or ask for a permission. I have 400 rounds M855 and want to shoot all of them. Coz I'm going to leave Canada end of this month.

Didnt know this area of the forum existed..guess I should get out of the EE more often.
    So rumor has it you can't fix stupid..but apparently you can shoot it in the nuts with a pepper ball.

A newbie vein the Calgary area, started many conversions on the Canadian Gun Owners forum, but didn't here because I cannot find this forum on tapatalk.

I'll start checking this place or too.

I'm In edmonton but I'm on shift so I'm not always available .but it would be interesting to heve new friend teaching some tricks

Hi all- Edmonton n00b here... Just waiting for my RPAL to get approved and mailed. In the mean time I've been out at the range trying out different pistols and different calibres... But there's a few I haven't had the chance to try. I'm hoping someone In the Edmonton area has/ would be willing to let me try the following pistols:

Norinco NP - 22 in 9mm
    Bersa Thunder Pro in either 9mm or .40 S&W

I'm willing to Pay range fees & feed the pistols as needed. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I want as a first purchase. Any interested parties- if you could send me a PM or if someone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks all!
    Last edited by DasFlava; 04-17-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spelling/ grammar