Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Does Saskatoon have a decent range that is open to the public? Or that a fella could join...?

Saskatoon wildlife federation has indoor and outdoor ranges. Saskatoon gunworks has an indoor range. You could join either. I like the wildlife federation as I prefer outdoor shooting!

Cool, Straker, I appreciate it.... I am out by Meadow Lake, but shoot silhouette on the "Northern Circuit", PA, Candle Lake, Shellbrook, etc.... I (we) shoot pretty much exclusively rifles, and we are shooting further and further, so we are looking for longer ranges to shoot at.... Big River has a 500 metre Silhouette range as does Prince Albert, but we're starting to stretch our horizons a bit, and want to start moving toward 1000 yards/metres, maybe F-Class someday....? Just trying to reach out to a few others and see what is out there. I am a welder, so I have been building steel swinger targets of all kinds, I've built a couple shooting tables and a blind, and bunch of smaller stuff as well. Wow, shooting takes a lot of gear, especially if you want to shoot with some comfort and style.... and, it is becoming more apparent that shooting with precision at longer ranges is a bit more complicated than throwing a nice padded winter jacket across the hood of a fellas pick-up truck.....

Hey Desjardo, have you had any luck finding others to shoot with...? How are your longer-range shooting attempts going...? Is there any groups of long-range shooters in your neck of the woods....? I'm up in Meadow Lake area.... been building steel gongs, and a young fella we shoot with a bit here has generously allowed us to put some targets up on his land... We can get 800 yards from treeline to treeline...It's pretty awesome, actually....Now if I could hit my 13" gong at 500 every time, with every rifle, I'd be pretty damn happy... Sometimes it's easy, but other times damn near impossible..... but always a great time...!

Hi guys. Im looking for someone that shoots at the Prince Albert range or at some other +200 yard range somewhere decently local. I live between PA and Saskatoon. I'd like to check out that range but don't know anyone there and my emails to the range itself seem to go unanswered. Anyone give me some info or let me tag along once to try it out?? Thanks
    Remember, light travels faster than sound. That is why many people appear bright before you hear them speak.

So excited guys just got my rpal this weekend and im looking for a good range around the prince albert area. Any recomendations for this area or is there anyone whos looking for a range buddy?

Question about RPAL in Saskatchewan, is a range membership required? Will that change with C42?

Quote Originally Posted by Daus View Post
    Question about RPAL in Saskatchewan, is a range membership required? Will that change with C42?
    Range membership is not legally required for anything. It is not necessary for applying for a RPAL. This will not change with C42.

To have a restricted firearm transferred to you though, the CFO will most likely not do this without either collector status or proof of current handgun club membership.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchtwicker View Post
    CFO will most likely not do this without proof of current handgun club membership.
    Which is also not a legal requirement

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by ditchtwicker View Post
    Range membership is not legally required for anything. It is not necessary for applying for a RPAL. This will not change with C42.

To have a restricted firearm transferred to you though, the CFO will most likely not do this without either collector status or proof of current handgun club membership.
    So, practically required?

My RPAL paperwork is being processed, I've heard some guys say that an RPAL won't be issued without having a range membership faxed in. I'm just trying to understand how this all works so I don't end up having to wait ages to get my license back.