Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Just found the site and it looks great.
    Hello to all!
    TFG

Hey guys, new to the forum. Been in sask for a few years, hunting for 2. Looking for people and places to shoot gophers with.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Qhergt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powdergun
    Willing to answer reloading and any questions around rifle and rimfire shooting. I'm a hopeless failure when it comes to shotguns. If you are in my area I can arrange some range time as well.

where abouts are u?>

I'm in the Saskatoon area, fairly new to the sport, and interested in making local contacts.

Ranges north of Saskatoon ?

I am looking for somewhere I can take my son to practice (I need practice also). The only range in the Saskatoon area I am aware of is the Wildlife Federation and if its my only option I will make it work but it would be nice to have something a little more convenient.

I would like to know where I would get information on bear hunting (where to go, what time of year is best etc.)

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate your patience with guys like me. Your the best
    Last edited by BHein; 03-29-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: add information

Clubs in Saskatoon?

Hello all, I'm just trying to get into target shooting and was wondering if anyone had any info on any local clubs to Saskatoon? Any pros/cons would be appreciated? So far I know of the Wildlife Federation and there is also a Saskatoon gun club but I heard it's moving. If anyone has any info they could share that would be great. Thanks for your time.

-Kris

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanNewbie View Post
    Hello all, I'm just trying to get into target shooting and was wondering if anyone had any info on any local clubs to Saskatoon? Any pros/cons would be appreciated? So far I know of the Wildlife Federation and there is also a Saskatoon gun club but I heard it's moving. If anyone has any info they could share that would be great. Thanks for your time.

-Kris
    saskatoon wildlife federation is good because it also hosts specific shooting throughout the week. they do afew different disciplines in the indoor range, like ipsc style shooting, airrifle shooting, a junior olympic shooting program and archery. there might be a silhouette match this sunday at the club, so you might want to check that out.

Hi: I'm from Candle Lake. We have a gun range south of town and it gets used a lot and yet many times when you go there you are the only one. They hold compitions and wild west shoots once in awhile. Trouble is it is two and 1/2 hours north of Saskatoon. The Wildlife Federation in Saskatoon used to be good but I haven't been there in a long time. The RCMP and Conservaton Officers use our gun range also. Anyway good luck and take care.

I'm headed up to Saskatoon for the Remembrance Day weekend and was wondering if there were any places still open that I could shot some clays at. Any help would be great, as I had a hard time finding anything.

Thanks

Hey, I'm in Moose Jaw and was wondering if anyone could PM me some good ranges nearby (if any)