Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Thanks al100. Thats what I wanted to know was if the PAL information was in the Hunter Ed course.
    I phone Harry today and this is what he recommended as I am going to school and the course takes alot of free time.
    He said in total it will cost $100, so only $25 more than the course.
    I will check out the two shops too.
    Going to take my Hunter Safety and PAL when I can find out when, where and how Then get a gun

For the hands on part of the PAL, do you need to have good knowledge of guns, or is that also covered in Hunter Ed?
    Going to take my Hunter Safety and PAL when I can find out when, where and how Then get a gun

The coarse manual does go through the various actions and how to prove them safe as well as the loading procedures. I guess that having some knowledge of them would definately make understanding what the book is telling you to do easier. Some people need that hands on approach to fully understand.

If you are unsure about any of it just ask at the begining. I know I am willing to answer any and all questions to the best of my ability prior to testing, which in some cases can be an hour or more of tutoring before. For me and I would hope all instructors the goal is not only to have a new gun enthusiast and hunter just to pass a writen test, but to also have them understand and be comfortable once they leave and venture into a new sport.
    CFSC and CFRSC insructor
    Sask Hunter Ed instructor

Saskatoon Muzzleloaders Club www.smlc.ca
    SaskatoonWildlifeFed www.saskatoonwildlifefederation.com

I have used bolt action rifles, break action pellet and shotguns but thats it. al100,
    I am going to send you a PM.

Just bought my first rimfire and am now thinking about the next rifle already. Thinking 270 because I might want to try deer hunting. Any opinions or advice is welcome.

whats your budget? I am also looking for a .270 and have been doing alot of research and have got a bunch of advice on here.

Less than a thousand.

Edit: wrong section, please ignore.

I have been looking in the $500-$600 range, so a little less than what your looking at.

Looking at the savage 111, 116
    the thompson/center "vantage"

those are the three I am leaning towards so far. I need the .270 to be BA, have a magazine, and synthetic stock.
    There is a Tikka .270 in EE for $800. I wouldnt mind that, but over my budget...

Come to the auction on Nov. 27th. in Yorkton. There may be a few that will catch your eye. Click here to view. The guy had quite the collection. Mostly shotguns, but hey....

Anyone else going?
    Originally Posted by TheTooner
    I'd rather hunt and come home to eat Kraft Dinner than not hunt and get to eat meat.