Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Welcome,

There are a ton of guys in the area to get together with and I am sure we will be doing a S'Toon Beer night again soon. There are actually a good number of ranges in the area, but I think there is only one "range" that is past 100. It is the ranges on Det Dundurn and it is a 900m range. If you would like more info on the ranges there PM me and we can chat, I am an RSO for the club there.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by twinings View Post
    Yeah I'm 85cutlass on there. We went out last weekend but only got 60rds through it. Once we got out in the open the weather was a lot crappier than it seemed.
    JonnyRockets on 306MotorClub - My Brother and I still haven't went for PAL / RPAL - For some reason don't much know where to start. I think we both would like to do a course, and hear this Jack guy is a good guy from that. Saying that - Maybe Jack is purely Hunting Course?

Got a pic of your SKS? Where did you grab it from / Approx Value?

Maybe also PM me with where you got your PAL - did you just challenge it, or do a course before hand? Where does one get the study Material?

Looks like WildLife Federation have some courses coming up in April. Gun Show is in March - would like to get them before that point. Might just go get the books from the Wildlife federation, Study and Challenge . . . I've heard a 'Jack' fellow mentioned a couple times . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrockets View Post
    Looks like WildLife Federation have some courses coming up in April. Gun Show is in March - would like to get them before that point. Might just go get the books from the Wildlife federation, Study and Challenge . . . I've heard a 'Jack' fellow mentioned a couple times . . .
    Me and a fellow from work just went about two weeks ago and challenged our test. My coworker had originally thought that he had booked us in for the course, then we got there and they told us it was for the challenge. Neither one of us have much experience with guns at all or had studied. A fellow there named Darren was extremely helpful and gave us a quick rundown on need to know information and how to handle all the different guns. We both pasted our test so that was awesome. The written test is fairly easy for non-restricted, but there is some tough questions, I would recommend getting the books or on here I seen a link for the PDF files of the books, that would be very helpful.

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by FLYBYU44 View Post
    Me and a fellow from work just went about two weeks ago and challenged our test. My coworker had originally thought that he had booked us in for the course, then we got there and they told us it was for the challenge. Neither one of us have much experience with guns at all or had studied. A fellow there named Darren was extremely helpful and gave us a quick rundown on need to know information and how to handle all the different guns. We both pasted our test so that was awesome. The written test is fairly easy for non-restricted, but there is some tough questions, I would recommend getting the books or on here I seen a link for the PDF files of the books, that would be very helpful.

Anyone in the La ronge area?

Hey does anyone know if the condie range in regina can have compound bow shooters?

There is an archery range there.
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

Hi all, I'm in the Moose Jaw area, I've got the long range precision bug, and the reloading bug... Both of which I would welcome the advice of a mentor... I am an experienced shooter and would be willing to introduce new shooters to the sport... I have a short range set up that is well suited for rim fire plinking... I have a couple of bolt action .22 one scoped one open sights, as well as a pair of hi capacity 10/22s with dot sights that are fun as hell to shoot at my duelling tree.. Just added a trap thrower to my list of toys also...
    What I'm most interested at the moment is long range precision... Drop me a pm if u are in the area

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Good Day, all:
    I have a non-computer friend that is relocating to the Carlyle/Kenosee Lake area, and is looking for a rifle range (preferably long-ish) and handgun club that is a reasonable distance away.
    Can anyone give me some info to pass along, please?
    Carlyle has a range.