Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

Quote Originally Posted by Daus View Post
    So, practically required?

My RPAL paperwork is being processed, I've heard some guys say that an RPAL won't be issued without having a range membership faxed in. I'm just trying to understand how this all works so I don't end up having to wait ages to get my license back.
    Range membership is not at all required or even asked about for an RPAL application. However I did get a membership before purchasing my first restricted and it significantly sped up the transfer process and I was issued an STATT and LTATT on the same day my transfer was completed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenInMC View Post
    Range membership is not at all required or even asked about for an RPAL application. However I did get a membership before purchasing my first restricted and it significantly sped up the transfer process and I was issued an STATT and LTATT on the same day my transfer was completed.
    I second this statement.

You do NOT need to be a member of any ranges in order to be approved for an RPAL. If I recall correctly I had to provide proof of range memberships when buying my first RESTRICTED firearm. That is all.

Good to know. I might be moving further west so I'm reluctant to commit to a range just yet. Thanks.

Female looking for a range near Moose Jaw or Swift Current. Have my RPAL, looking at handguns for target practice. Have a .22 LR rifle at the farm, but ran out of gophers

I was in the same boat I just moved to Moose Jaw.

Moose jaw has an indoor range but it is open only a few times a year for only a few hours at a time. I ended up joining the Dirt hill wildlife federation in Avonlea

https://sites.google.com/site/dirthi...ership-renewal

It is an out door 200m range certified for any caliber. The only thing is that it is sometimes closed due to farming in the impact area. They post any closures to their face book page.

You can also purchase your membership at Prairie Gun traders in Avonlea:

http://www.prairieguntraders.ca/

They have a small sign, this is the building:

Hope that helps

And welcome to the board, I see this was your first post

Shawn

Yep it was my first! Thanks for the info.

I actually know the owners of PGT and bought my .22 from them at a gun show in Swift Current. I'd rather join a club a bit closer than Avonlea, but I'll keep that one in mind. I found Prairie Pistol Club in SC or SSWAHC in MJ so I'll check them both out someday.

In the meantime, I'll keep reading the forums for advice!

CGN Regular
    There is also the indie range NW of Regina. It's open 365/yr sunrise to sunset. Out door 200yd rifle, covered, dedicated pistol range, archery & shotgun (skeet & trap)
    it's a beautiful facility, over 60 yrs old and very well established. not that much further than Avonlea but it'll cover all your shooting needs, and under $100 a year

Posting here again.

I'm from Saskatoon, and am a noob. I went out to a range with Shawn a few years back, he can probably tell you I'm a fairly normal person.

Would like to find a 100 and 300yd range near to Saskatoon that isn't crazy populated. I went out with a friend to the one near Saskatoon and had enough safety issues around me that I'd prefer lesser used, or more experienced user.. used.
    Also happy to tag along and cover some ammo costs if someone is willing to have me along sometime.
    Always looking for Tavor parts

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuorai View Post
    Saskatoon and had enough safety issues around me that I'd prefer lesser used, or more experienced user.. used.
    Also happy to tag along and cover some ammo costs if someone is willing to have me along sometime.
    Not sure about ranges in the Stoon area, but a guest can't even shoot at ANY of the ranges around Regina without a membership to that range, they say due to liability issues. Get caught letting a buddy pull the trigger a few times gets you kicked out for a year, possible prosecution etc.

The Condie range just north of Regina has a guest day ONCE a year.
    How are we too get more people interested if they have to pay ~ $100 just to find out if they like the sport?
    Condie range is $75 membership + $20 passcard.
    SWF Regina range is $135 membership + $10 passcard.

CGN Regular
    Count your lucky stars you have a range like Condie for the price they charge; it's a BARGAIN. We moved back to Calgary last year; there isn't an outdoor range within an hour of the city, one ppublic range west of town that was permanently closed this year because of abuse, not cleaning up your mess, etc. The closest range with half the facilities of Condie is 90 min. away and 3X the price. Shooting indoors cost me over $600/year for membership alone...no discounts on ammo at all, ever.

Shooting opportunities in Regina and S'Toon are endless in comparison