Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Sask.

I am going to get my membership to Condie in the next couple weeks.
    i hear good things about the place and its only 5 Min out of the city.

Hey everyone! I'm new here to the site. Have hunted and shot rifles/shotguns since I was a kid, and finally took my RPAL course a few weeks back and waiting on that. Is there anyone around that takes people out to shoot handguns, it would be great to try a few before purchasing something.

where are you ?
    there is a pistol club in Regina that has a beginners night every Tuesday i believe.

Last edited by edge9382; 01-21-2016 at 10:09 AM.

I'm in Saskatoon. I haven't heard of such a thing here at any of the clubs unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by Yycadm View Post
    Count your lucky stars you have a range like Condie for the price they charge; it's a BARGAIN. We moved back to Calgary last year; there isn't an outdoor range within an hour of the city, one ppublic range west of town that was permanently closed this year because of abuse, not cleaning up your mess, etc. The closest range with half the facilities of Condie is 90 min. away and 3X the price. Shooting indoors cost me over $600/year for membership alone...no discounts on ammo at all, ever.

Shooting opportunities in Regina and S'Toon are endless in comparison
    wow. Sorry to hear. Yes, we are very fortunate to have these ranges here at that cost; now that I know what Calgary's prices are. Though, we see increases in prices every year as well but thankfully they are not at the $600 mark yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rustrash View Post
    where are you ?
    there is a pistol club in Regina that has a beginners night every Tuesday i believe.
    That is correct. And not just beginners. Everyone can go, beginner or experienced shooter. It is Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7-9.

got my membership and went out to condie for the first time today.
    really enjoyed it and seems like a nice range

Hi Jack
    Sask wildlife federation has a good outdoor range. I haven't been to the indoor ranges like Saskatoon Gunworks on Ontario, but that's also an option.
    Last edited by rdrsrl; 05-12-2016 at 06:33 PM.

I am also looking at joining the sask wildlife federation but the member ship will run me around 400$ so I need to see if they have payment plans.

I have also tried local classifieds with no luck obtaining land to practice. I will give cgn a shot as well!

Does anyone around saskatoon have a parcel of land in could target shoot on from time to time? I'll leave the land the way I found it and willing to do a meet and greet in town prior!