Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by Nug View Post
    It's all more or less strait forward. Or as strait forward as the Firearms Act can be. Who are you taking it with?
    1st Shot Firearms Dennis Wiebe

Should be a good course Dennis has a lot of experience.
    I'm a small petty little man who takes pleasure in the pain and suffering of others.

CSSA Member

CDP RSO

Yup, Dennis runs a damn good course. Did both of mine with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GearaDoga View Post
    Yup, Dennis runs a damn good course. Did both of mine with him.
    Done, Dennis ran a great course, nice guy. Scored 98 on both parts. I misread one on the written and misspoke on the practical or it would have been perfect.

Good to hear. Now go out and bye something to celebrate, you've earned!
    I'm a small petty little man who takes pleasure in the pain and suffering of others.

CSSA Member

CDP RSO

Quote Originally Posted by Nug View Post
    Good to hear. Now go out and bye something to celebrate, you've earned!
    Damn straight brother. However I'm soooo broke, had to replace my roof this summer. You should see my list of things I want to buy! You think a new roof is expensive, ouch!

45 days today since they received my app. 5 days since I sent in my CRFSC report. Called the centre did my interview. I let my app co signers know they should call or be prepared for their interviews next week.

I'm getting mildly excited now.

I did the RPAL with Dennis last weekend and the PAL this weekend, and it was a good course. He's a very humorous and knowledgeable instructor. Be warned, there's an awful lot of overlap between the courses, but that's not his fault. Speaking as a high school teacher with 15 years under my belt, his pedagogy is excellent for someone without a teaching degree - he understands how to use written text, visual medium, and auditory cues to get students to remember things both short-term and long-term.

Hey SgtMjr, nice to see another former Black Devil here. I was in '89-92, starting back when Mr. Boyd was still a 2 hook.

Quote Originally Posted by skruface View Post
    I did the RPAL with Dennis last weekend and the PAL this weekend, and it was a good course. He's a very humorous and knowledgeable instructor. Be warned, there's an awful lot of overlap between the courses, but that's not his fault. Speaking as a high school teacher with 15 years under my belt, his pedagogy is excellent for someone without a teaching degree - he understands how to use written text, visual medium, and auditory cues to get students to remember things both short-term and long-term.

Hey SgtMjr, nice to see another former Black Devil here. I was in '89-92, starting back when Mr. Boyd was still a 2 hook.
    Yeah Dennis hit all the points we needed to remember for the written and practical over and over.

Hey we spoke. You were at the next table at last weeks RPAL course.

All interviews completed yesterday Nov 7. Anyone know how long the Manitoba CFO takes to complete the licence approval?