Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Manitoba

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    Wuddupma,
    are you still looking to go out shooting?
    I am horseshoe. Do you know anywhere I can shoot?

A couple us are going Thursday, if you happen to be free on a weekday

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex350 View Post
    Is anyone even getting through to the CFO's office? Just want to ask if, after 6 weeks, anyone's even bothered to look at my PAL application. Phone goes straight to busy. Hate to be anyone needing a STATT these days.
    statt is guick (minus the 20mins on hold) when I actually talked to somebody it was e-mailed to me in 2 minutes. Same as my ltatt, That was emailed to me with a notice that the registration transfer had been accepted. What takes forever is if they actually have to get a piece of paper or card, mailed to you, and in your hands.

I ordered a restricted from out of province, on Monday June 16, the firearm arrived at my door Thursday afternoon, June 19, wow. I phoned the cfo and after only 10 minute wait I was told that the registration transfer had been approved on the 17th. double wow pretty quick and efficient. Had them transfer my call to the Manitoba CFO office (this one was a 25 minute wait) to have it confirmed, that no, I couldn't use my new pistol, until I actually had the registration certificate in my hand, crappy, but it's been approved so shouldn't take too much longer. I've been hopping from foot to foot in front of my mail box for 2 weeks now (not really, but today I was waiting for the mailman since I'm at home) today, I grab the mail and there's a letter from the RCMP........open it up and it's a letter, telling me that my registration transfer was approved on the 17th., and that the registration certificate would follow shortly in a separate envelope! I'm not really sure if that's enough to legally allow me to take my gun to the range, even though I have the registration number, but not the actual registration cert.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaxos View Post
    I've been studying up with both course guides and the videos, however I simply don't have the free time to go attend both courses so I will be challenging the exams once I feel competent.

I would like to get some hands on experience with various firearm styles, would anyone be available to help me out with this during an evening?
    Does not have to include firing the firearms at a range.
    I'd like to focus on the different safety types and different action types, but if you have other pointers I'm open to hear that as well.
    I challenged the rpal and was also a bit nervous about actually handling the different types of firearms and the different actions and safeties. This page was a huge help. you can download the manual, take practice tests, and I found that watching the P.R.O.V.E videos, was enough to cover off the different action types and safety types for me.

www.firearms-safety-course.com/

Quote Originally Posted by horseshoe View Post
    A couple us are going Thursday, if you happen to be free on a weekday
    PM me the info. I've got work in the day, but I'm off by 3.

We'll most likely be done around 2pm, but pm me some of your uupcoming days off, and I'll see if we can work out another trip out.
    "Trying, is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

"Ummm ahhhh errrr uhhhh" - Justin Trudeau

Hey guys, So I haven't posted on CGN for a while and have been living in Winnipeg for 4 years now. I have a Remington 870 and have been shooting clay pigeons for a while with a friend in his boss's farm field outside of Winnipeg. I have recently purchased a savage axis in .308 and I'm trying to find a place to sight in my scope. I'm going for my hunter safety course in hopes to go hunting with my uncle and friend. I don't have a membership anywhere to any local ranges, Selkirk fish and game club being the closest to me. I could apply for a membership but it could take up to 4 weeks and then that's already into deer season and I don't want to be left behind when they go hunting. Is there anywhere I can go to sight in my scope? I have paper targets and ammo etc but nowhere to go that i know of. I can't find shooting maps for in and around Winnipeg online either. Can anyone give me any info please?

CGN Regular
    The pits east of Seddons corner or up in Mars Hill

I'm not super familiar with named locations. I found out where Seddons corner is but I have no clue where Mars Hill is.

CGN Regular
    Seddon's Corner Pits are easier to find. You want to keep going east on 44 about a mile and half then turn south (right) and slowly drive in, you will probably see numerous people shooting on weekends. Gonna want to make sure you go in a bit and shoot towards the south away from the highway.