Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

I'm doing a bit of sorting here.

This post is for NEWBIES looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by cereal83
    I am willing to go hunting with somebody with experiance. I am a n00b and I am in Toronto.
    Hey all,

Since bird season is starting up, well I really would like to get out there and try my luck on some grouse or partridge. I am from Toronto but will drive a few hours to do some hunting. I already have my small game licence so I should be good to go. I have a 12 gauge and a 22.

Well let me know.

Thanks
    I am also willing to travel up o North Bay or Sudbury. I know there is alot of crown land around there but I don't want to make a 4 hour trip there just to find out I am sitting on land with no animals for 100 km's.

I am close to Yonge and Sheppard and willing to travel and pay my part.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrefaat
    I would like to go rabbit hunting in the GTA, haven't done that before, but will start this October.
    if you are new to the game or an experienced hunter and wanna go out with someone, drop me a PM. I am in mississauga and I know a public area 30 min west that we can try (unless you have another spot).

Looking forward to hunting with you! (Toronto area)
    Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by ml350
    This is great!!!

I am in Niagara Area (Fonthill), looking for an experienced hunter to learn from and willing to travel few hours.

Is there any golfers? I work @ local public golf course. Maybe I could arrange a golf get together. Ofcourse FREE green fees !!! Anyone interested please pm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricoboxing
    If anyone near Durham Region wants someone to tag along on a varmint hunt send me a PM. None of my friends or family hunt so I'm basically learning everything on my own. I have a small game license, 12ga., .22 lr, and I just got an electronic predator call and speaker off ebay. Now all I need is someone to show me the ropes of varmint hunting, (and my pregnant wife likes it better when i hunt with someone else, as long as its not another woman ) (Oshawa area)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi
    It seems the old hunters are not really queuing here to teach us around the GTA.

By the way, I just got my antlerless deer tag for the 56 WMU, and I have no idea what to do with it. We just picked up quite randomly that WMU.

So it would be great to try some small game hunting before we go for bear/deer. The problem is that I'm not alone, my wife would come with us and my daughter too. I'm afraid they would be noisier than the Caribana, so perhaps only deaf and blind squirrels would be our quarry.
    Anyway, we would like to join to someone (experienced or not) to waste some weekends. (A few hours drive would be OK. We spend almost every Saturday at the Silversdale range, so even the Niagara region would be fine)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbus
    Just wondering if there are any ranges (best - closest?) and hunters in the London area. I have someone to take me for now (moose and deer). But may need some help later on when I purchase a pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit
    I live just North of TO and I am in for it, never hunted and like to try some small game first don't know where to go North bay is not that far if anyone knows where to go around there ??maybe the GTA CGN guys can make a trip that way??,
    Thanks
    Last edited by m0nkyman; 09-23-2006 at 08:55 PM. Reason: cleaning up the thread

I'm doing a bit of sorting here

This one is for MENTORS willing to help

Quote Originally Posted by fremen
    I am willing to help out in Ottawa
    Quote Originally Posted by thebaron
    I can take people out in Ottawa (Time permitting) PM me if you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by signguy
    i can mentor some future deer hunters if needed in ottawa little late for bear season but deer is still a few months away and i have room in my convoy
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer
    I am willing to help out newbies in the London Ont region.

I have a suitable collection of various firearms and access to a very nice range.

NROI Chief Range officer.

CSSA Handgun Instructor.

Reloading experience

IPSC shooter

PM me if you need some range time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gth
    Looking for one Newbie waterfowler with minumum 3 dozen full body GHG goose decoys, layout blinds, retriever, spare Extrema and an enclosed trailer.....

Seriously....if there is anyone in North Bay that want to get out hunting I' m game for pretty much anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bear.23
    I am willing to;
    Teach/Show folks to reload (Pistol or Rifle) need to come to my place in Boulter!
    Introduce someone to shooing (Revolver,Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun)
    Help a new shooter(Revolver, Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun)..
    Last edited by tootall; 09-22-2006 at 06:41 AM.

This is another game farm
    If you go to these places you need a dog and that is an extra charge.

Pinegrove Pheasant Farm
    Castleton, Ontario, Canada
    Phone: 905-344-7434 Cell: 905-376-1519

CGN Ultra frequent flyer magicchip's Avatar
    Not big on hunting (yet) but I'm willing to take a noob out for some pistol shooting.
    Must be able to travel to Aurora.
    I like cooking my family and my pets.
    Use commas. Thank you.

just a little tip for the noobs. noone really wants u to take along your non hunting gf ,friends, for the first time. (at least i wouldnt) theirs nothing worse then someone complaining about the cold or saying" im bored".
    A closed mouth gathers no foot.

FOR SALE: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    I'm fairly new to the handgun world myself, but am willing to take the time to help fellow newbies in the K/W area... or, if you're in the area and just feel like spending some time blasting, well...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fogducker's Avatar

a mentor in peterbourgh area needed

i thought for sure i posted this before....but i could not find it again
    anyyyyyy ways..
    i was talking to a few young guys last night..one was from the peterborough area.. ...he was listing to us talk of guns and shooting..he is a son of one of our hunting partners..
    this lad has had no interest in gunz r hunting before.. i think he has a chicky now that has a bit of interest..so he wants to join in also..

so if anyone in the peterborough would able to host him and his honey to a range to try out a few gunz..plz let me know..
    of course i,ll pay for all range fees ammo used

Im a newb... thinking of getting a G17 for a first handgun...
    I would love to meet up with an experienced owner(in the GTA) who is looking to show someone the ropes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    I shoot out of Colby gun club in waterloo, or the Tavistock rod and gun club in harrington (outside stratford). Anyone who wants to try handguns or rifles, your more then welcome to contact me and we'll go make some noise. I have a fair colletion of military surplus rifles and modern handguns from .22 on up. Glad to help out someone who wants to try something new!
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi guys I'm looking for an instructor from downtown Toronto.
    Who do you recommend?