Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 263638394041424344454647484950515253545666 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Any GTAers can give any suggestions on clubs that are actually open to new members. I am close to Target Sports but $600 is a bit steep. I only want to use 22lr. Silverdale is an hour and a half from where I am in the GTA.

Thanks.

The Aurora hand gun club, I found this one today and the guy emailed back in no time, its about 10-15 min. north of target, as far as i have read its .44 and lower and .22 cal. rifle is fine but you would have to confirm this as I looked into a few others clubs as well.

Oh yeah its half the price as Target.

Good luck finding a club, if you have any success let me know where.

Anyone a member at Crumlin? I'm going to be picking up a new rifle in the new year and will be looking to join a range come springtime. As much as I love EESA, Crumlin only being 5 minutes from my house makes it very tempting. Would love to take a look around and possibly try out the rifle range if anyone is willing to take me as a guest.

Thanks

del
    Last edited by Plinkatoon; 01-06-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    NFA & CSSA Member
    "It is easier to criticize than do better." Swiss Proverb

Wondering if any members at Sharon are willing to help someone out just learning and getting into the sport.

Just got a Tikka .243 that am interested in testing out (that is if my wife will take the kid for a few hours and let me go!)

Appreciate any help.

anyone know any good clubs around mississagua. i has hoping for a handgun range, and i want to do some skeet shooting too. but that might mean joining 2 clubs not sure.

There is a handgun range in Clarkson. Open Saturday's only I think. http://www.lakeshorearms.ca/index.html

Skeet...will need another club. I'm new myself. Looking for skeet and archery. HAHA in Hamilton is the only one so far that does it all.

Quote Originally Posted by appleshooter View Post
    There is a handgun range in Clarkson. Open Saturday's only I think. http://www.lakeshorearms.ca/index.html

Skeet...will need another club. I'm new myself. Looking for skeet and archery. HAHA in Hamilton is the only one so far that does it all.
    That place is only opened 1 day a week?!?!

ill look into that one, I was also thinking about this one in cambridge. http://www.galtsportsmensclub.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by ns_redneck View Post
    ill look into that one, I was also thinking about this one in cambridge. http://www.galtsportsmensclub.com/index.php
    Galt has many many many rules. One of them being you cannot shoot rifles for one year. Another is you have to be mentored. The people that run it are more protective of the club then over their great grand children. Been a member for two years and I am still treated like an outsider who is visiting. The words "young man" are spoken a lot by the people that run I it even though I am 38 and been shooting for 11 years.
    NFA & CSSA Member
    "It is easier to criticize than do better." Swiss Proverb