Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 324244454647484950515253545556575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Hi all,

Can somebody give me an ideas of ranges and areas to hunt deer and coyote in the London area?

I guess I'll throw my name out there. Being 37 and never have really shot a gun, I feel somewhat embarressed. I guess its better to start sometime though! I will have some early 70's rifles that I would love to learn to shoot with. As well as a 12g which I dont have yet.... I am in Burlington.

Thanks all!
    Adam

I live in the KW area and if anyone within an hour of me would be willing to take me along for some shooting/mentoring let me know. I would be very interested and would also compensate with some ammo! I have my PAL but do not keep firearms with me at my place here (no reason too as no membership for ranges and don't know anyone with private property), but if I am able to make some contacts I have some russian milsurps, a few .22lr's, and a few 20g shotguns I'd be able to take along. Send me a PM if anyone lives in the area, even if you don't have access to range it would still be nice to make some friends!

I live in Milton and have put my name on the waiting list for Guelph rod and gun club. I was hoping that there may be someone on this forum that belongs to the club and my be willing to take me as a guest, so that I may see what the club has to offer. I would also love to do some shooting if that was an option. I would be glad to pay for ammo, targets and anything else that is required.
    Last edited by Loki_Stormbringer; 02-22-2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi all, I'm in Ottawa and have a membership at the EOSC. I'm looking to get a handgun, but don't know anyone who owns one. I've done a bunch of research but everyone says I've got to hold and shoot them to know which is most comfortable for me.

If anyone from the Ottawa area would be willing to take me to their club as a guest or to come to EOSC as my guest and show me their handguns i'd really appreciate it.

I'd be willing to drive out 1.5h in any direction and would pay for the ammo for the day.

Thanks

Hello. I live in London, Ontario and I'm looking for someone to let me shoot gun(s). My goal is to experience shooting many guns. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, launcher, and explosives are all things i want to try. I'm still just a debt ridden, mediocre university student, thus I cannot afford a gun, gun club membership, nor a car. However, I will pack lunch, clean your guns, and pay for the ammo I run through. I am not picky about locations as long as it is safe (Canadian wilderness is kind of scary to me, so I won't go there without a shotgun and survival gear). If you think I'm a good companion for your weekend shooting session please email me at whanghansong@gmail.com.

Thank you for visiting my post on Newbie meeting place. Please take care of me.

Orz (Dogeza)

Update: mentor found. Thank you, members of this forum.
    Last edited by whanghansong; 05-13-2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Update

Hi all,

New here, was introduced to the site by a friend. Just getting back into shooting after being away 14 years, was on a shooting team as a cadet (modified .303's and C-7s). Basically consider myself as a newb again, as it's been so long. Just moved back to Ontario from Alberta, I'm about 30min north of Toronto in Newmarket. Have a Ruger 10/22 (brand new), a Mossberg 702 (hand-me-down) and an SKS which I need to clean some residual cosmoline off. Still haven't been out to use any of them yet.

Was thinking of joining one of the local clubs, Sharon or Aurora. Anyone on here been to or is a member of either that I might be able to tag along with? Even up for going out into the woods for some practice. I saw that the Sharon club has temporarily suspended new memberships (not sure what that's about). Having an experienced person show me the ropes again would be amazing. Shoot me a message.

Thanks and Cheers,

J

Hi All,

I'm in the Smiths Falls area and looking for someone to go shooting with to hopefully improve my accuracy and basic form. Willing to drive wherever, as long as it's not several hours worth. I currently have a Mosin-Nagant and access to a Lakefield .22. Send me a message if you're up for a range day.

Thanks,

Dave

oops posted by mistake, please delete if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by KingBurnmouf View Post
    I live in the KW area and if anyone within an hour of me would be willing to take me along for some shooting/mentoring let me know. I would be very interested and would also compensate with some ammo! I have my PAL but do not keep firearms with me at my place here (no reason too as no membership for ranges and don't know anyone with private property), but if I am able to make some contacts I have some russian milsurps, a few .22lr's, and a few 20g shotguns I'd be able to take along. Send me a PM if anyone lives in the area, even if you don't have access to range it would still be nice to make some friends!
    Hi KingBurnmouf, I am also in the KW area, nice to meet you!

I purchased my first rifle this week in shooters choice, they have an indoor range which allows non-member walk-ins.

hit me up if you are interested!