Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Just wanted to make a quick post. New to this forum and to shooting. Just took my CFSC and CRFSC this past weekend and passed both courses. I sent my PAL / RPAL application in yesterday based on another thread on this forum, will follow those instructions to try and speed up the process (which I anticipate to be slow). Now it is just a waiting game on that end.
    Going to go out to have a quick tour of the EOSC this weekend. But I was wondering if there are any guys in Ottawa that wouldn't mind a noob tagging along to a range with them. I think I will be looking at getting into both rifle and handgun shooting.
    Not really for this section but my thoughts right now are a 22LR rifle to start, have an opportunity to possibly get a Remington 700 in .223 and I am thinking for my handgun selection - getting a Glock 19 with a 22 conversion kit. Obviously all this once I get the actual licence
    Anyway, if there are any guys heading to the range as the weather warms up, would love the opportunity.
    Thanks
    Nigel

Yes, I am also in the Ottawa area... I am new to the firearms world and have been lurking on the site trying to sponge up as much information as possible. like Static030 above, I'd love to tag along with some experienced shooters especially if you are into long range shooting. I will undoubtedly spend hoooooooours learning to shoot the basics but I like to jump in at the deep end and any tips/advice/skills i can take from you all will be much appreciated.

Any members from the Eastern Ontario Shooting Club on here? I'm taking my safety course / membership this weekend. Still in the waiting phase for my PAL/RPAL. Just looking to possibly get some trigger time with some members. Would like to be able to try a few different pistols out to help determine what I will feel comfortable with for my first purchase. Will pay for ammo.
    Thanks - Nigel

Anyone a member of Silverdale? I joined yesterday and looking for a mentor to go shooting with. I've actually never shot a round yet. Anyhow, give me a shout if you're a member and don't mind me shadowing you the first time out.

Thanks.

Anyone here in the Simcoe area?

Close to simcoe. Im in grey highlands

I'm a student in Ottawa, waiting on my license. Don't have any family around to teach me so was wondering if anyone would be down to show me basic rifle maintenance. Last thing I want to do after making my first purchase is ruin it with improper care. I'd really appreciate it and would do my best to return the favor!

Wrong topic!
    Last edited by Shiney303; 05-06-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Wrong topic

Silverdale is a great range. Fortunately you don't need to be a member to shoot there. On Saturdays and Sundays non-members can use the range for $20.

Go to Silverdale's web site and you will see they offer the opportunity to fire several different calibers for a fee and under the supervision of one of their safety officers.