Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Anyone a member of the Oshawa Skeet and Gun Club willing to take a new shooter as a guest? Now that OSGC will finally allow handguns, I'm seriously considering joining but would like to take a look at the facilities first. My first gun will hopefully arrive this week. :D
    If the only thing guns are good for is killing people, then mine must be broken.

Im new to the sport of shooting, I wrote my gun licence a month ago and im looking to buy my first gun. Im not sure what I should buy and I'm getting very confused from my local dealers, I am looking for a gun the I can shoot trap with but also drop a bear with. If any one can be of assistance to be that would be great. I live in the city of Ottawa and i was also wondering if ther was anyone who lived in the area who wouldn't my taking some time and showing me handle the gun properly and maybe allow me to try out a few different guns. If anyone can help it would be great to hear from you.

Jason

jason.summerfield@hotmail.com

Hey Jay check out some Combo shotguns packages. they come with two barrels usually a longer one with interchangable chokes & a shorter one with rifle sights for slugs. remington makes a nice 870 sir catalogues have maverick combo shotgun for like $200 & it will do the same thing for less then half the price. However I dont know the quality of Maverick's 88's just my 2 c
    Last edited by Greaves024; 10-19-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Teach firearms safety in school to save lives.

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to firearms. I've had experience with .22 rifles at Summer Camp, but that was about 15 years ago.

I'd like to get more information on what I need to acquire in terms of licenses to be able to own and use firearms. I'm more interested in simply target shooting, rather than hunting. I'd like to be more involved with rifles, but would like to learn about and get experience with pistols as well.

I'm in Toronto and tried looking for some clubs... but it seems a little confusing to me with where to start. If anyone could help get me into the world of guns - I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you have advice, or are a mentor who could help.

Thanks

I'ld rather be Hunting somewhere in Eastern Ontario.

Hello Newbies-me Two Newbie

I'm new to this site but I have been around firearms and hunting since I was 12. I hunt whitetail, coyote, and some small game. I love to ATV into the bush and disapper with a bow or gun during hunting season.
    Last edited by rooster22; 09-17-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    EVEN A MAD MAN WITH A PENCHANT FOR DESTRUCTION HAS SOME FORM OF RESERVATION

I'ld rather be Hunting somewhere in Eastern Ontario.

Ask the feds

Quote Originally Posted by GMarciano View Post
    I am not a new-be to firearms at all, but I am a new-be to Firearms in Canada.

I will be living in Kitchener ON.

How can i bring my guns to Canada, where I can I use them?
    you need to register your guns with the government before you bring them over. You may have to take a course and a test to possess guns. so get all you facts first so they don't take them at the border. I have a buddy who comes up from the states for whittail all he does is buy his non resident hunting liscences, and I think he has to fill out some forms to bring his guns aheand of time. You should be able to find all the info you need at this site.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/default_e.asp
    EVEN A MAD MAN WITH A PENCHANT FOR DESTRUCTION HAS SOME FORM OF RESERVATION

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytwo View Post
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to firearms. I've had experience with .22 rifles at Summer Camp, but that was about 15 years ago.

I'd like to get more information on what I need to acquire in terms of licenses to be able to own and use firearms. I'm more interested in simply target shooting, rather than hunting. I'd like to be more involved with rifles, but would like to learn about and get experience with pistols as well.

I'm in Toronto and tried looking for some clubs... but it seems a little confusing to me with where to start. If anyone could help get me into the world of guns - I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if you have advice, or are a mentor who could help.

Thanks
    I see it's been a couple of months since you've posted... hopefully you're still lurking out there.
    If you ever find yourself heading over to the K/W area, pm me and maybe we can set something up!

Just got my PAL license. Anybody can sort of show me around or introduce me to a good gun club? I am in Toronto.(sigh...yeah I know)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Vimy Ridge's Avatar
    I'm up in the Ottawa valley region, if anyone wants to get out and try shooting drop me a message. The more shooters we have the better our country is going to be.

Howdy !

Looking for anyone in the Burlington, Waterdown, Hamilton area that would be willing to help out a newbie in the sport.