Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by My Third Eye View Post
    I have not, I am now looking into this as we speak, are you part of that club? If so how do you find it?

Edit: it would be perfect and i will put my name on the waiting list but it says they have a 3-5 YEAR waiting list....... I was hoping to join a little sooner than that. And you have to join the NRA (no big deal but I have to join the NRA to simply be put on the waiting list, the wait that's to take many years) so maybe i won't put my name in yet, at least not until i get an NRA membership.

Sadly this is exactly the road blocks ive been running into... It is really unfortunate but hell i may just say screw it and join silverdale even though it is fairly far from me. However it's cost and reputation is far better than all I have seen to date.

You do not need an NFA membership to join, the membership fees include the NFA membership, and the yearly membership to the club is $369.13 tax inc.

Also you need to get in contact with someone on the membership via. the email on the site and they will tell you to go out on thursday night and meet a few of them, then they will send you an application and from there it will be about two or three months till your safety course, and right now they are accepting new members.

Holy sh!t you are right, you just made me realize that I had looked up the aurora gun club in the states! You may have just made my day, thank you.

Let me guess the Aurora gun club in aurora illinois ?

Yup I think that was the one, damn google not knowing i'm in Canada.

Hello Everyone! ��

I'm new to this website and shooting sports, and hoping to get some advice from the good people/mentors here. I completed my Restricted course recently and am now waiting for the results to come in before I can apply for my RPAL. I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get some help with:
    1- I have to find a handgun/pistol with a very light trigger and/or slide pull for my wife, she has a shoulder injury but still wants to get into target shooting. She comes from an army family but has had very little experience, and a long time ago too. I was looking into .22 LR pistols and revolvers, but not sure how either would work out.
    2- We are hoping to get membership at the Barrie Gun Club, is anyone here a member? We would love to tag along and try stuff out while we're waiting for our RPAL, if you don't mind helping us.(We didn't apply for the PAL separately, took the test a month back and are going to send the applications in one go).
    3- I have been way too excited and been doing a lot of online research, and really like the Ruger 10/22 Takedown for myself, does anyone have one? If so, hwo do you like it?

Thanks in advance, hopefully we'll be able to get started soon!

Hi all!

New to all of this as well. I have my PAL/RPAL and am from (downtown) Toronto!

Have a couple of questions:
    1. I'm looking to shoot in Toronto if possible - even if it's just on a 22LR handgun. Any suggestions on either drop-in or membership-based ranges?
    2. Any suggestions on a good, affordable, 22LR handgun to start out shooting on?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hey dcto,

I would suggest trying Target Sports in Gormley for indoor range, they charge $42 per person plus ammo, which I think for 22LR would be $10 for 50 rounds. Or Silverdale Gun Club in St Anns, it is an outdoor range and they usually have something on groupon.

Let me know how it goes, I'm pretty close to where you are and only have access tothese two clubs too. All others are members only.

��

Quote Originally Posted by dcto View Post
    Hi all!

New to all of this as well. I have my PAL/RPAL and am from (downtown) Toronto!

Have a couple of questions:
    1. I'm looking to shoot in Toronto if possible - even if it's just on a 22LR handgun. Any suggestions on either drop-in or membership-based ranges?
    2. Any suggestions on a good, affordable, 22LR handgun to start out shooting on?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hey folks. Now im pretty sure this is the right place for this...

Im pretty close to taking my NR and R safety courses, but that still leaves me a good wait before I can go shooting myself. Was wondering if there was anyone in or around the Barrie area I could meet up and do some shooting with. If anyone cares to get in touch, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericja View Post
    Hey folks. Now im pretty sure this is the right place for this...

Im pretty close to taking my NR and R safety courses, but that still leaves me a good wait before I can go shooting myself. Was wondering if there was anyone in or around the Barrie area I could meet up and do some shooting with. If anyone cares to get in touch, that would be awesome. Thanks!
    Hey Eric!

I tried that, didn't work out, but I wish you good luck trying!
    Alternatively, you can just go for Target Sports or Silverdale on your own, just call them in advance, they're pretty open to new unlicenced shooters.

Take Care,
    Amol
    CSSA | CCFR
    "The only way to be free is to let others be free"

Thanks man! I fear that will be the case, so im definately gonna check those ones out. The request still stands though, if anyone turns up!