Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 223234353637383940414243444546474849505262 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Hey everyone
    I'm from the Barrie area. Just finished my pal/rpal and I'm interested in becoming a part of a club. If there are members that are willing to have me out that would be awesome! Or just to shoot! I'm still waiting on my licence but I do have a enough experience with firearms to be confident with them (read safe)
    Thanks
    Matt

Hi! I'm looking to try out shooting at a shooting range, but Target Sports doesn't allow single shooters, and I don't know others who is interested. You can be a mentor or just someone in the same situation as I am. We can go to Target Sports together and I'll pay for my own fees, unless you are willing to lend me your firearm (I assume it costs you less this way if you own any). PM me. Thanks.

I am not sure if this will be read, as this thread is HUGE at this point, and over 7 years old. I am looking to get involved in shooting sports, and would like to meet up with an experienced shooter, to help me through all the hoops I am about to jump through. I am in my 40's, level headed. I would even just like to meet up for some guidance on the simple things, like rec's on where to take my courses, ranges or clubs to check out etc. If anyone is still taking on newbs, PM me, and I will buy the coffee! Oh, and I live in Hamilton, Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunman View Post
    I am not sure if this will be read, as this thread is HUGE at this point, and over 7 years old. I am looking to get involved in shooting sports, and would like to meet up with an experienced shooter, to help me through all the hoops I am about to jump through. I am in my 40's, level headed. I would even just like to meet up for some guidance on the simple things, like rec's on where to take my courses, ranges or clubs to check out etc. If anyone is still taking on newbs, PM me, and I will buy the coffee! Oh, and I live in Hamilton, Ontario.
    Sunman silverdale gun club in st anns offers courses and is super friendly all range officers will help with almost anything and is within distance as i see your from hamilton

Anyone in Kingston area? Would appreciate some knowledge on where to hunt, have never hunted before so any info or help thrown my way is helpful

Hey, I'm from Toronto(Etobicoke) and looking for a club to join for handgun shooting(for now) and rifle/shotgun shooting (and hunting). I plan on having my own firearms before I join a club, just want some help finding out which ones to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Up_On_One_Ramon View Post
    Hey, I'm from Toronto(Etobicoke) and looking for a club to join for handgun shooting(for now) and rifle/shotgun shooting (and hunting). I plan on having my own firearms before I join a club, just want some help finding out which ones to join.
    I too am in a similar position. I'm a new gun owner and I'm looking for a gun club mostly for target rifle shooting. Currently, I'm looking at the Barrie Gun Club, but I'd really rather not have to drive for an hour to get to a range.

hey im a young working dad thinking of get my firearms license and hunting license, but would like to meet and watch / spend some time with someone while they shoot and handle a gun. I live in the Pickering Oshawa area.

Hey all,

I'm from the Cambridge Ontario area and looking into getting into shooting. I have not shot a gun before and like anyone, would enjoy giving it a try before I put all the time into getting the proper licensing for it. I don't mind traveling to Kitchener-Waterloo to meet up and try this out!

Quote Originally Posted by drsergen View Post
    hey im a young working dad thinking of get my firearms license and hunting license, but would like to meet and watch / spend some time with someone while they shoot and handle a gun. I live in the Pickering Oshawa area.
    I'm in the same boat brotha, however I just got my license and can't find a gun club to join, all are booked within the Pickering/Ajax Peripheral. I need to practice my rifle shooting. Any clubs or crown land let me know people, need to gear up for Hunting season. Looking to down my first Doe.