Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414243444546474849505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

I see that a lot of CGNers are looking for a place to shoot. Unfortunately, Oshawa is closed at this time due to a very large membership. I would suggest Target Sports up in Gormley Ontario. They have public shooting were you can go and use their firearms on their indoor range for a fee. If you like the place you can join their club, the Grange Firearms Assoc. they allow pistols, rifles (with restrictions) and shotguns (with restrictions as well).
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

---
    Last edited by Jovanfra; 03-22-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Hello CGN, new to the forums. I grew up out east hunting and shooting a lot but moved to the US when I was 20. Moving company forgot to declare my firearms on their way into the country and had them all confiscated. Never recieved notification to their auction so lost them all. Never knew how long I would be down there so never bothered to buy anymore for fear of just losing them again when I moved back. Been back about 17 years, but came back to Ontario instead of NS. I had A LOT f trouble finding places to hunt and along with a wife and recently a child always said to myself " I'll try again next year " well recent events ( not the parliament shootings ) I've decided it's time to get back to what I loved to do and that's hunt. Big problem, things have changed! I've never hunted in a stand or blind, never used attractants, calls, licks etc. so I'm looking for guidance. I'm in my 40's, wiling to pony up for expenses and gear. Have my own firearms ( Tikka t3 Forest 30-06 scoped, Rem700 BDL .243 scoped, Rem 870 special edition, special purpose with cantilever barrel along with a 24" barrel, Stoeger 20g O/U, And Excalibur matrix 330 crossbow. ) and up for any type of hunting whether it's deer, upland game, migratory birds or varmint, I just don't know how to do it in this day and age with all the restrictions and options so any help would be appreciated. And before anyone says it I've read and watched more articles and video then I would care to admit lol. Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys, Just moved back to Peterborough area after being in B.C. for the past 15 years. Looking for guys that are interested in doing some migratory bird hunting. I have some gear (few decoys, could use more) boat, truck etc. I have a couple fields and marshes that I have had limited success in. Always looking for new spots and new guys to hunt with.
    -Happiness is a warm gun

-I Love all Gods creatures, especially with mashed potatoes and gravy!!!

I'd like to shoot 243 if anyone is willing to let me join...
    I am trying to decide what rifle to get 223 or 243
    I am in northern GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Static030 View Post
    I went thru firearms training with Dave Barrett. Good course and he also allows challenges on the Sunday. If you can't find his info pm me.
    Bartlett
    EOSC.ca

Hello there - Anyone in the Ottawa area (or even Outaouais or Gatineau) willing to meet up at a range? I don't have any firearm shooting experience but I'd like to start now. I just have bits of knowledge thanks to info from internet. (wikipedia, YouTube, etc.)

I will absolutely pay for the ammo used, along with an extra bit of $ for your time. It doesn't seem like there's any ranges in the Ottawa area that lend out guns (at least from what I've seen from searching online) so this seems like my best bet to get started. Ideally, it would be nice to try both a rifle and handgun and different calibers.

Beyond the RA Center, are there any other indoor ranges?

Thanks, I would really appreciate it

------- On the other hand, in case I don't find anyone, if someone else happens to be reading this and you're in the Toronto area - do you guys have an indoor range that lends guns? I might just drive down there. I can pay for a starter's course if that's required as well.
    Last edited by hipower1; 12-06-2014 at 01:26 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hipower1 View Post
    ------- On the other hand, in case I don't find anyone, if someone else happens to be reading this and you're in the Toronto area - do you guys have an indoor range that lends guns? I might just drive down there. I can pay for a starter's course if that's required as well.
    the only place that i know of in the toronto area that will rent firearms to unlicensed shooters is Target Sports. ive seen people line up before doors open on the weekend just so they can get a spot to shoot some time that same day (its on a first come first served basis). give them a call for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by chinamon View Post
    the only place that i know of in the toronto area that will rent firearms to unlicensed shooters is Target Sports. ive seen people line up before doors open on the weekend just so they can get a spot to shoot some time that same day (its on a first come first served basis). give them a call for more details.
    Thanks for the info. If that's the case with how busy they are, I suppose I'd have to go on a weekday in the daytime. Unless the weekends are the only time they accommodate new shooters or something...?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hipower1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. If that's the case with how busy they are, I suppose I'd have to go on a weekday in the daytime. Unless the weekends are the only time they accommodate new shooters or something...?
    im not sure about that. ive never done the new shooter package. would be best for you to get the info directly from the horse's mouth.