Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

Thanks for the reply CGN I am in Scarborough so if anyone wants to take me to their club I would greatly appreciate it.
    The Islington Sportsmen's Club is closest I think but they are not taking new members and I believe you have to be referred by a current member.
    I am not sure if there are any clubs in Pickering or Oshawa area and the Barrie club is closed to new members.
    I was looking at Silverdale also but they are far out for me.
    Thanks!

Aright, I'm sorry but this is gonna come off as being completely newb. I'm a bit confused with the whole CFSC/CRFSC & PAL/RPAL. Please tell me if I have this correct, once I complete my CFSC/CRFSC course next week I will then need to to do an additional course to get my PAL/RPAL? I cannot purchase a firearm (either non-restricted or restricted) until I have my PAL/RPAL. I know some of you have rolled your eyes or have your face in your hands thinking 'sweet lord' and for that I apologize, I'm not a complete idiot, I swear but if someone could lay #### out for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The only courses you need to complete are the CFSC and the CRFSC(if you're going for restricted). After the courses are completed you can submit your application.

Some ranges/clubs/associations have an in-house course that you have to complete before you can participate in their activities/use the range. These courses usually focus on the range and safety procedures of that particular club/association.

Good luck, I just got my PAL and it's definitely worth it

Anyone have alternate contact info for the National Capital Region Rifle Association? Emailed their membership secretary about getting involved with their service rifle section about 2 weeks ago and haven't received a reply.

Thanks

Question

I'm looking for anyone in the Port Perry or Oshawa Club. I know it's not accepting new members this year, but it's open to members bringing a guest =)
    Please PM me if your a weekend warrior and wouldn't mind a +1 (I'll be glad to pay any guest fees etc.) Would like to see how the facilites are.

Looking for shotgun 12ga/Rimfire Rifles 22lr/17HMR/9mm pistol range time.
    If you're from WilliamsArms that would be even better

Thanks in advance,
    William
    “Before all else, be armed.” - Niccolo Machiavelli

Hi, just got my PAL and a mossberg. I'm from the windsor area and am looking for someone to target shoot with. I am also trying to get into water-fowling, so anyone I could tag also with and learn the ropes would be great. I'm 20, live on my own with my girlfriend and work 5 days a week. very nose to the ground. Thanks.

Good Evening,

Recently purchased a Tikka T3 .243 - looking to find someone in the Toronto/Markham region who wouldnt mind showing a 'newbie' the ropes.

In my mid 30's, just looking to get into the sport - would appreciate any help/guidance that can be offered, and if someone is willing to let me tag along to their club one saturday/sunday, that would be icing on the cake!

Cheers

I was invited to the Peterborough fish and game club and when I got there the club was closed.
    Seems like a lot of people are asking for help and not much answers. Why would they do that when I got the mail to go there from the club secretary?
    Basically it seems like shooting clubs do not want new members. Why make us spend our hard earned money to pay for courses and licensing and more courses etc etc and then new people are not welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by kennytaker View Post
    I'm looking for anyone in the Port Perry or Oshawa Club. I know it's not accepting new members this year, but it's open to members bringing a guest =)
    Please PM me if your a weekend warrior and wouldn't mind a +1 (I'll be glad to pay any guest fees etc.) Would like to see how the facilites are.

Looking for shotgun 12ga/Rimfire Rifles 22lr/17HMR/9mm pistol range time.
    If you're from WilliamsArms that would be even better

Thanks in advance,
    William
    The Oshawa club is closed to new members even though I went with my good friend and mentor who has been a member for 50 years.
    They told me face to face that they are waiting for the old members to die off before the newer generation will even have a chance of joining there.

Why would a club be opposed to New members? That just seems insane to me.
    Steve Perry was Journey's best front-man EVER.