Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NS522 Extra mags?

CGN Regular
    Hmm, I can make Savage Mark II mags fit and work in my JW-25A using nothing but crazy glue, some plastic from a pop bottle lid and a piece of a small finishing nail. (Because nobody has the Norinco mags and metal CZ 452 mags are 2X the price of the Savage ones.)

There has to be ~something~ out there more commonly available that fits or can be made to work. The last resort would be to somehow change the mag well itself to accept something more common....
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Canada Ammo now has 2packs of mags for $199.00..... comes complete with a rifle too which is a bonus!
    Ha! Very nice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am in for 6 if Canam or anyone else can source them!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Canada Ammo now has 2packs of mags for $199.00..... comes complete with a rifle too which is a bonus!
    Can you keep the rifle and sell the mags for $10/ea?
    “The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.” — Delos B. McKown
    CSSA member

CGN Regular
    Here's my take on the 522 mag question. Keng's (KFS) ordered some 2000-2500 barrelled NS522 actions from Norinco in the mid-1990s, with the usual two mags per gun. They undoubtedly ordered spare mags to be sold as accessories, but no one seems to know how many. After 1997 or so, no more guns or parts (inc. magazines) came into the US, thanks to the Clinton gun ban. Since then, owners of the 522 in the US have looked high and low for these magazines. So, for 25 years and more, the search goes on....Meanwhile, a contigent of NS522s show up in Canada, some 26-27 years after the gun ban in America ended their importation to the West. The short answer is, spare mags for this gun are few and far between. They are highly sought after when they do appear on the market, and they don't stay there long. Use one mag as a shooter and save the other, because there aren't very many still available.

I agree, if someone could machine / 3d print a new magwell or a single shot adapter then problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    Hmm, I can make Savage Mark II mags fit and work in my JW-25A using nothing but crazy glue, some plastic from a pop bottle lid and a piece of a small finishing nail. (Because nobody has the Norinco mags and metal CZ 452 mags are 2X the price of the Savage ones.)

There has to be ~something~ out there more commonly available that fits or can be made to work. The last resort would be to somehow change the mag well itself to accept something more common....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    That's actually not a bad deal for two magazines, if you consider that you are also getting a spare firing pin and extractor as part of the package.

To put things into perspective, the cheapest I've found for Zephyr 22lr magazines was $175US + shipping from Denmark... and that's just for one magazine!
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    My gunsmith is also a machinist.

He recently built a stock making jig and could probably make custom stocks for it.

I could also check if he could machine a base plate for a different kind of magazines.

I would need to know if there would be enough interest for the stock and the base plate and how much would you pay for each, this way I could see if it's worth the cost of asking him to create a prototype.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    My gunsmith is also a machinist.

He recently built a stock making jig and could probably make custom stocks for it.

I could also check if he could machine a base plate for a different kind of magazines.

I would need to know if there would be enough interest for the stock and the base plate and how much would you pay for each, this way I could see if it's worth the cost of asking him to create a prototype.
    If the price was reasonable, I would like a more target rifle style stock, unfinished, possible cheek riser option/kit!? I figure unfinished as it would be just as easy to finish sand/varnish/oil after bedding it. Can you give us a guesstimate price and what style he was thinking of?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I was also thinking, how hard would it be to fabricate a mag shaped slug to fill in the magwell as I am ok with single shot for most of my target shooting, then I could save my mags!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast