Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Quebec

In Quebec you have to be a member of a shooting range. Plus you need to prove you have gone to the club and practice. As a member you usually need to sign in or scan in. To be a member of. Shooting club you have to take the bill 9 course. Plus most shooting clubs require you to take their clubs safety course as well.
    Robert

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmtl View Post
    In Quebec you have to be a member of a shooting range. Plus you need to prove you have gone to the club and practice. As a member you usually need to sign in or scan in. To be a member of. Shooting club you have to take the bill 9 course. Plus most shooting clubs require you to take their clubs safety course as well.
    thanks for your reply i started a new thread with the question

BANNED
    I shoot at Club du Tir Montreal and you allowed to double tab or rapid fire. As long as you follow the rules no will bother you.
    Off subject but i checked them out and $400 for 9 months of shooting....It sucks when they close up shop for months. Summer is when peoples have vacation time usually and to shut the range from may till september is a bit ummm selfish i think. (like ok peoples, i made enough money this year i'm going to texas for 3 months bye bye) Not saying they're not all like that but still....
    My two bits

BANNED
    Oh Btw guys, i thought it would be a good idea and it would help if everyone would put their age in their profiles, not that it matters much but some older folks would "maybe" feel more comfortable on their first visit to the range with someone their age than with a younger guy (more stuff to talk about etc.)Or vice versa for someone in their early 20's. Not to mention the OMG! face when you first meet LOL. And if it doesn't matter to some of you, good... it won't change anything

Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Off subject but i checked them out and $400 for 9 months of shooting....It sucks when they close up shop for months. Summer is when peoples have vacation time usually and to shut the range from may till september is a bit ummm selfish i think. (like ok peoples, i made enough money this year i'm going to texas for 3 months bye bye) Not saying they're not all like that but still....
    My two bits
    I don't think your referring to the same club CTM on 52 ave in Lachine, as I have been a member there for 3 years now and they never closed for three months. I did happen last year that they had some water damage and a small fire that they had to close for a month and a half, but they credited all members when they renewed so they actually got 13.5 months for a 12 months membership.
    Robert

BANNED
    I don't think your referring to the same club CTM on 52 ave in Lachine, as I have been a member there for 3 years now and they never closed for three months. I did happen last year that they had some water damage and a small fire that they had to close for a month and a half, but they credited all members when they renewed so they actually got 13.5 months for a 12 months membership.
    That's what i used to come up with my post, it says September 1st to May 31st under business hours. But since you're there already... my bad
    i'm giving them a free ad with this lol

Last edited by kobs; 01-16-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    That's what i used to come up with my post, it says September 1st to May 31st under business hours. But since you're there already... my bad
    i'm giving them a free ad with this lol

From Sept 1 to May 31 are winter hours and close at 9:30pm June 1 to August 31 are summer hours and they close at 8:00pm or 8:30pm, I think the misunderstanding was due to unclear message on thier web site. They used to mention the winter and summer hour difference.
    Robert

Hi, new here and currently a member at CTM. I don't go often though and was wondering, any cheaper alternatives than the CTM?
    I know there's ville st pierre for 300+tx and one in the west that only allows .22s but don't see any pricing.

Try L'Acadie if you have a car, only like 180 $ tax in per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Mad View Post
    Hi, new here and currently a member at CTM. I don't go often though and was wondering, any cheaper alternatives than the CTM?
    I know there's ville st pierre for 300+tx and one in the west that only allows .22s but don't see any pricing.
    The Point Claire range is really small. 2 or 3 standing and 2 prone. the club is only open on Thursday and Friday night and one morning during the weekend. I believe the cost is 180. This is really for people that do marksman shooting with .22's, no rapid fire or anything like that and only .22 caliber pistol or rifle. I looked at this years ago but it was not for me.
    Robert