Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

Hey everyone! Just wondering if there are any firearms conventions in NB and the normal dates for those?

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    This organization use to have a range day at Petiticodiac Sportsmans Club. That would work for guys who want to get together once a year. If Petiticodiac doesn't have their range day we could have something on Saturday and on Sunday. Just something to think about for next year 2014.

Looking to go out for Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    steamwhistle, i hunt in hanwell and in the training area. coyote mostly. let me know if you want to shoot some dogs!
    I am needing to train up myself for moose season this year. I am on the Broad Rd. just outside oromocto. Give me a call if your going out this summer. I have a Rem .270 that needs a little coaching before the fall hunts. And I am at CFMSE for work in the WFE Cell.

anyone here a member of the chester rifle range (the private one)

I was thinking of joining...

I heard you needed to be voted in?

Newbie in Upper Sackville, Nova Scotia. Member of MVRRC. Own a SAM Sigma 9 9mm. Looking for the best place to purchase ammo. So far Hnatiuk's Hunting & Fishing Ltd. is the cheapest I have been able to find. If any other members of CGN have any recommendations, would appreciate hearing from you. Have checked just about everywhere on line and off!
    Thanks,
    Jan

So is it true that you can get ammo at the AMA at a cheaper price. This is my first gun so I need 9mm luger, 115grain, full metal jacket. Would you have any info on what they would charge for a bulk purchase. Willing to buy 1000 round. Look forward to hearing from you, and Thank You for the welcoming!
    Jan

Please share...a brand new show featuring militaria, antique arms and collectibles.

CrossRoads Military Heritage Collectors Show

Moncton Lions Club
    55 Mark Avenue, Moncton, NB

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Set-up: 7:00am-8:30am
    Public: 8:30am-2:00pm

DEALERS WANTED

FREE DISPLAY TABLES AVAILABLE

Please contact Rob Dekker at (506) 227-6266 or by email for more information.

Sales Tables @ $20.00 each, Admission $3.00 (No Early Admission for Public)

Last edited by airgunfun; 02-22-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamwhistle View Post
    I visited the store in Elmsdale, not a bad little selection. My buddy found a really nice deal on a used model 94, 30-30.

If anyone's looking to pass on their hunting wisdom near Oromocto, NB, I'm all ears. Been shooting for almost 5 years but I'm hoping 2010 will be my first year out hunting (anything from rabbit to moose!).
    Hey there 40,
    I cannot say I have wisdom in much but nice to know that there are NBers on here but we can pool the knowledge if you like. I am looking to be a 22lr and .223 rifle owner and the only hunting I want to get into is yotes. Predator hunting looks like a challenge and fun to get right.

CGN Regular
    Hey all,

I've been into long guns for a long time but recently received my RPAL in the mail. So pumped! It wasn't even a hugely painful process, the worst was harassing one of my references until she finally called in.

Now I'm in the Antigonish area and have no real Restricted experience so I'm looking for someone willing to show me the ropes. Perhaps someone who belongs to the Saint Mary's Shooter Association as I am interested in joining. Maybe we could head up to beach hill some weekend and squeeze a few rounds off and talk about gun stuff. I'm more than willing to buy a couple boxes of rounds.

A little about me:
    I'm a 24 year old guy, work for DND, lived in Antigonish all my life, all right I'm terrible at talking about myself but message me if you're willing to talk guns.

Also I'm interested in reloading if you're into that sort of thing.
    Last edited by PlaidSon; 04-19-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Add a bit

Hi all.

I'm in Kingston, NS and about to do my non-restricted course and get my PAL. Anyone have recent knowledge on processing times for new PALs?

I'm planning to get a bolt action rifle probably in .270 Win. A buddy of mine here is doing the same (but prob .308) and he and I will be looking for range time or target shooting on private land for practice later this year. Also help on finding a nice gun club with range access would be cool.

Any offers would be well received. We aren't loonies, honest!

Cheers for now.