Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

just curious have you shot a Glock or just want one because of all the hype about them ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by killick View Post
    Hi, I am in Nova Scotia and am a bit confused about the process for purchasing a hand gun. I have a current PAL(R) and am in the process of joining an approved gun club. This is where the confusion enters. The gun is in Newfoundland and this will be my first restricted firearm purchase. Any clarification on the order of procedure for dealing with the registration, obtaining an ATT and expediting this purchase would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks;
    Earl
    Step 1: Join an approved shooting club.

If you have not yet decided on a club, your CFO can help you identify an approved shooting club in your locality. When you have joined the approved shooting club, the club will explain - step-by-step - the process that you should follow.

Step 2: Pay the Seller.

The Seller will initiate the transfer by calling the 1(800) 731-4000 number. The Seller will be provided with a Transfer Reference Number. The Seller will then provide you with the Transfer Reference Number so that you may then call 1(800) 731-4000 and complete your portion of the transfer.

Step 3: Complete the transfer.

Call 1(800) 731-4000 and complete your portion of the transfer. The RCMP-CFP will forward the file to Halifax, to the CFO. The CFO will confirm your status (e.g.: a bonafide member of an approved shooting club) and then - usually - sign off on the transfer. In time, the transfer will be approved and the RCMP-CFP will notify the parties involved. Once the transfer has been approved, any individual who is going to physically move the restricted firearm from where it is (to where it is going) will require an Authorization To Transport (ATT) from his/her provincial CFO.

Step 4: Telephone your CFO to obtain a short-term ATT.

Once the transfer has been approved, any individual who is going to physically move the restricted firearm from where it is (to where it is going) will require a valid Authorization To Transport (ATT) from his/her provincial CFO. This may be obtained by contacting your CFO, and it may be issued immediately, over the telephone or by facsimile.

Step 5: Apply for a long-term ATT.

Using the proscribed form, apply to your CFO for a long-term ATT. This may take weeks to process. The completed Authorization is usually mailed to you. And, in Nova Scotia, each time you buy or sell a restricted firearm your long-term ATT may be amended and a new Authorization, with a new number, may be mailed to you.
    Last edited by Wendell; 09-07-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

well i've done a lot of research online and they seem to be the most consistently positively reviewed handgun under $1000. i have heard of some recoil spring issues with the gen 4 so i would probably go with a gen 3.

a number of folks are telling me to go with a .22 but those just don't appeal to me at all. 9mm rounds although not cheap are less expensive than .45,.40 or .38. those were my main deciding factors. but if a glock dont feel right in my hands no matter what anyone says i wont buy it. tha'ts why im also considering a beretta 92fs.

Forum Help

Hey folks,

I'm trying to Reply to posts in the Shotgun Exchange section. When I click Reply I get an error that I don't have permissions to post there.

Thoughts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TargetMan View Post
    I'm trying to Reply to posts in the Shotgun Exchange section. When I click Reply I get an error that I don't have permissions to post there. Thoughts?
    5. Only the originator of a thread can reply to his/her own thread.

How to Gain Access to the Equipment Exchange Forums (Rules & Guidelines)
    <http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_cgn_exchange_rules>

I shoot mostly service rifle, and precision rifle, but also muck about with some handgun stuff. I also reload, and have about 3-4 different presses setup in the shop(s).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Lightbulb The 2011 Nova Scotia Moose Draw

The 2011 Nova Scotia Moose Draw will occur at 11:00 am, Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at the Port Hawkesbury Civic Center, 606 Reeves Street, Inverness County.

Winners will be notified by mail.

Applicants can also check their individual results online June 22, 2011.

To enter the Nova Scotia Moose Draw:

You can apply for the moose draw online by Visa or Mastercard at www.hmcgroup.ca/moosedraw or by calling 1-900-565-3373.

<https://www.hmcgroup.ca/moosedraw/>

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Step 1: Join an approved shooting club.

If you have not yet decided on a club, your CFO can help you identify an approved shooting club in your locality. When you have joined the approved shooting club, the club will explain - step-by-step - the process that you should follow.

Step 2: Pay the Seller.

The Seller will initiate the transfer by calling the 1(800) 731-4000 number. The Seller will be provided with a Transfer Reference Number. The Seller will then provide you with the Transfer Reference Number so that you may then call 1(800) 731-4000 and complete your portion of the transfer.

Step 3: Complete the transfer.

Call 1(800) 731-4000 and complete your portion of the transfer. The RCMP-CFP will forward the file to Halifax, to the CFO. The CFO will confirm your status (e.g.: a bonafide member of an approved shooting club) and then - usually - sign off on the transfer. In time, the transfer will be approved and the RCMP-CFP will notify the parties involved. Once the transfer has been approved, any individual who is going to physically move the restricted firearm from where it is (to where it is going) will require an Authorization To Transfer (ATT) from his/her provincial CFO.

Step 4: Telephone your CFO to obtain a short-term ATT.

Once the transfer has been approved, any individual who is going to physically move the restricted firearm from where it is (to where it is going) will require a valid Authorization To Transfer (ATT) from his/her provincial CFO. This may be obtained by contacting your CFO, and it may be issued immediately, over the telephone or by facsimile.

Step 5: Apply for a long-term ATT.

Using the proscribed form, apply to your CFO for a long-term ATT. This may take weeks to process. The completed Authorization is usually mailed to you. And, in Nova Scotia, each time you buy or sell a restricted firearm your long-term ATT may be amended and a new Authorization, with a new number, may be mailed to you.
    Thanks Wendell. I kind of lost track of this post but the info is appreciated. I have joined a club, (C'ptn Kid Rod & Gun), and have tried out a couple of hand guns. Also had my Marlin 39A out to see how it shoots.

Earl

Hi All, New to the site (just herd about it) not the hobby. Im based out of Truro, NS. Ive been hunting since I had fingers long enough to pull the trigger, recently started getting the milsurplus/ service rifle itch. Im a member of the MV rifle & revolver club, im there atleast once a week. Looking forward to taking my rpal in the fall to open my options up to black rifles.

GunNutz

Truro Guy

hey all i been kicking around NB most of my life and now living in truro. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where or if theres any ranges in the truro area? I hear theres one at vallahala but not sure if its a public range or personal range? I appricate any help thanks all