Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    I'm located in Newfoundland and am able to assist any newbies with any questions or concerns they may have about shooting, clubs on the island and in Labrador, and I have contacts they may require as well.

Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I'm located in Newfoundland and am able to assist any newbies with any questions or concerns they may have about shooting, clubs on the island and in Labrador, and I have contacts they may require as well.

Fry
    Haha your probably the only other newfie i've come across on this site... so far.

Hello everyone.

My name is Josh, I'm from Halifax.

I just got my RPAL, looking forward to getting involved in the firearms community here in Halifax and abroad.

I'm new to the site and scene so I'll be spending most of my time on here reading rather than posting.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm on here looking for info and eventually my first firearms purchase.

Thanks a lot guys, this site is full of info so my hands will be full for the next few weeks I'm sure!

see you around,
    -josh

Official French Facilitator lucky72's Avatar
    josh. if you want to shoot your pistol i recommend you join the captain kidd rod and gun.they have start to change the back stop and soon they will be able to shoot hight caliber indoor. enjoy
    EOSC Member
    NRA Life Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by milwaulkieiron View Post
    Hello,

I dont know if this is the right place to ask a question or two about shooting if not please let me know.First off I will say Im absolutly new to shooting restricted firearms and belong to the Oxford Marksmans Association in Oxford N.S.What I would like to know is I have resently bought a Smith&Wesson model 422 .22 cal semi automatic.I havent had a chance to get it to the range yet due too the manditory waiting period for the firearms office to send off the A.T.T.Has anyone out there used one of these guns before and possibly give me some details on what you have thought of its preformance?
    I liked the way they shot. It's different with the barrel on the bottom, but I didn't notice any difference. Ammo was a different story though. I found it hated wildcat, but absolutly loved the stingers. Everything in between that worked without issues. I also liked the grip. Great starter pistol.

I was just wondering what area of NS you are in.

I am in the Antigonish area and I am just starting to get into rifle owning. I am interested in service rifles, and precision rifles and would like to talk to you about owning/ buying these rifles.

Any one heard of Maritime Shooting Sports?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwahs View Post
    Any one heard of Maritime Shooting Sports?
    Never heard of it.

A Google search turned up a reference in the Bridgewater Bulletin and Lunenburg Progress Enterprise (Tuesday, October 28, 2008, Ed).
    Cardinal Fire & Safety...led to Cardinal Apparatus Ltd...and then Cardinal Outfit-ters, “For Work … For Life!...and Custom Cardinal...now, watch out for the newest division soon to open,Maritime Shooting Sports
    Somebody who likes birds, I guess.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

yes, Just new starting up in Bridgewater ,couple of the guys are members here , hopefully they will chime in.