Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

Miramichi Sportmans Club rifle range will be down for a while due to the CFO.Hand gun & sporting Clays are open.

Hi All,

I just finished and have been issued my PAL. Taking the next available RPAL in September, so hopefully by year's end, I can have these both sorted out.

I'm looking for recommendations in the Moncton area for ranges that are Tactical gun friendly. Doesn't seem to be much for options - Moncton Fish and Game and Petitcodiac Sportsman's Club. If ayone has expoerience with either or any other close suggestions, I'm all ears!

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Jared

Moncton, NB, home-study to challenge the safety course for my PAL. If anyone is around, I'd like to have the chance to run through PROVE with a rifle, as well as get out to the range to try one.
    I've had the opportunity to use both handguns and shotguns in Houston, but we didn't have enough time left to do rifles there, as much as I wanted to.

I'd be willing to buy one or two boxes of ammo for my mentor, as well as their coffee for the time they spend on me.

New to shooting

Hey everyone got a my PAL around the start of summer, Recently ordered a Bolt Action rifle, as I intent to get into hunting deer in the new few years. (might be going out with someone this year to see what its like)
    Been looking at ranges around Halifax, NS, but none have jumped out, Dont mind driving abit to get to one.
    Also no one i know (thats close to me) shoots. My brother is applying for the RCMP, so Id like to get him out. I used a .22 Many years ago at a indoor range in Halifax with a friend.

Hey everybody, I just joined this site. I`m in Pictou County and have my PAL for non-restricted and restricted. I own a single shot 22 rifle for varmints (mostly porcupines) and a 177 pellet rifle for the squirrels that make my life hell.

At some point, I`ll be wanting to get a pistol and a better rifle or two. There are coyotes nearby our house so I want something for that, but I also want something for hunting deer even though I`ve never done it yet

Anyway, so here I am... I like to stir the pot from time to time, so don`t take it personal if I go runnin at the mouth

Just got on this site, kind of overwhelming. Waiting for my RPAL to be approved, then join the local club. Quick question for the old hat's, Where can I get HP38 or W231 powder? Checked with Budget Shooters Supply and while they carry Hodgen powder, they don't seem to stock the 38. Any help would be appriciated

Smile New Business Start Up

I am starting a new business and any information would be much appreciated. I have my firearms inspection coming up and I am looking for information on distributors and just about anything that will help me.

I am new to the Forum, and new to the this sport as well, got my license couple of months ago. Located in Saint John, NB. Looking to join Fundy Shooting Sports inc. this month. Anyone from this club? Really need a range to have fun at this sport...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    I am new to the Forum, and new to the this sport as well, got my license couple of months ago. Located in Saint John, NB. Looking to join Fundy Shooting Sports inc. this month. Anyone from this club? Really need a range to have fun at this sport...thanks!
    Welcome! I'm not a member of the Mispec club, so I can't really help there, but if you are ever interested in joining the St. Martins club, the annual meeting where we bring in new members should be sometime this month. I can try to find out when it is and let you know, if you'd like. Just fire me a message if interested.
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Newbie here from the Moncton part of NB..