Thread: Would Sask Accept my BC CORE Hunter's Education

Would Sask Accept my BC CORE Hunter's Education

While waiting for a response from the Saskatchewan government I got impatient and figured that I would turn to you guys and see what you think.

To start things off, I completed my Hunters Education Course a number of years ago in BC while I was still in High school. Because of some outstanding circumstances I did not go and register to obtain my BC hunting number.

Ever since then I have been meaning to go down and but one thing has lead to another and I still have not. Fast forwarding a few years, I have been attending Briercrest College in Saskatchewan for the past 3 1/2 years, With exception of 4 months a year where I head back home to BC to work for the summer.

This is where my first problem arises: From my understanding, I cannot apply for my hunter's license in BC because I am not officially a resident there (I have not spent 6 months or more during the past year). But since I have lived in Saskatchewan longer than 6 months I am a resident there correct?

So my question is, would Saskatchewan (because I am a resident... from my understanding) accept my Hunter's Education Certificate (CORE) from BC and give me my hunting number or would I be forced to do a hunter's ed course in Sask?

Thanks,
    Beach_boy

I'd say off hand maybe...call the CFC or the CFO someone there would know or know who to call. Best of luck finding out.
    Who Needs A Gun Ship When You Have A Pointy Stick.
    2/3 Of The Earth Is Water. Get A Boat.

South Paw Shooter and PROUD OF IT!

The only government worth having is a 45/70 Government.
    My idea of Tech Support involves a gun and a box of ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beach_boy View Post
    While waiting for a response from the Saskatchewan government I got impatient and figured that I would turn to you guys and see what you think.

To start things off, I completed my Hunters Education Course a number of years ago in BC while I was still in High school. Because of some outstanding circumstances I did not go and register to obtain my BC hunting number.

Ever since then I have been meaning to go down and but one thing has lead to another and I still have not. Fast forwarding a few years, I have been attending Briercrest College in Saskatchewan for the past 3 1/2 years, With exception of 4 months a year where I head back home to BC to work for the summer.

This is where my first problem arises: From my understanding, I cannot apply for my hunter's license in BC because I am not officially a resident there (I have not spent 6 months or more during the past year). But since I have lived in Saskatchewan longer than 6 months I am a resident there correct?

So my question is, would Saskatchewan (because I am a resident... from my understanding) accept my Hunter's Education Certificate (CORE) from BC and give me my hunting number or would I be forced to do a hunter's ed course in Sask?

Thanks,
    Beach_boy
    I'd contact a local instructor and ask them. I know here in BC if you've taken a hunting course in another province or state, you can use that to get your hunting number in most cases. I would think it'd be similar elsewhere being most provinces seem to require you take 'CORE', which would be the same everywhere being.