Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thureon Defense Shipment Has Landed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Taking a Thureon before a JR is a wise choice... JP.
    Last edited by caramel; 11-24-2013 at 12:28 PM.

I went in to Wanstalls yesterday to look at the TD carbine. I need one. It is so well made. The stock adjustment made the length of pull just perfect for me. The fit and finish is very nice. I'll be back in and grab a 10mm for sure. If you haven't seen one of these rifles, you reallly owe it to yourself to check it out. I like the pistol caliber carbine idea. This is a really nice non restricted execution of the concept.

Thanks for giving me the rundown, Matt.

Nice,
    I have this on as one option on my 'yet to widdle down' list of possible first purchases (ever). I didn't know that the "JRC" was different than the "Thureon Defense" model. What is the difference per say, just manufacturer?
    The thing that I didn't like so far from researching was the reported 'issues'. Are any kinks worked out with this pistol carbine?

I'll have to check out wanstalls, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerWW View Post
    How is the Thureon compared to a JR Carbine??
    I'd like to know as well

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    The earlier models had some firming pin issues when they were first released some people reported a broken foreign pin after 500 or so rounds. These few people reported that td made it right for them right away by shipping out an extra bolt and fireing pin to those costomers. I personally called thureon asking about this before I purchased mine. They assured me all bugs were worked out. And if I happen to encounter any problems they would send me parts at no cost.
    Long story short I purchased mine last year and it has eaten up 1500 rounds of norinco 45 and has never had a single feeding or fireing or ejection problem to date. It is my favorite gun and by far the easiest gun to clean besides my bolt guns. And it's very accurate.
    For pistol caliber 250 yards 6"x6" plate with no magnification only using red dot ring it every time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I have 2 of the round hanguard earlier model, this was vastly exagerated, one or two guys had trouble with hot reloads, my 2 TD, one have over 3000 rounds without a failure, the other one i only test fired it with one mag of ammo, both are top... Thueron Defence is a great Cie, they did send me free of all charges 2 news buffers and dampers for both my rifles, i have them but never needed them as my rifles are just perfect and quite fun to shoot... JP.

Took mine to the range on Saturday and matched it up with a Vortex Strikefire, 10 minutes to zero and off she went - I really like this gun
    It's accurate, light, negligible recoil, quick to recover the sight picture
    If I had any criticism it would be that there is no mechanism for holding the bolt open, but other than that I am well pleased
    Thank you again, Wanstall's, for taking my cash for a worthy cause

Helixxx
    No matter how far you push the envelope, it will still be stationery

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Supposed to be great build quality, I want one but can't really spend the cash right now. Hope there are some left when I save the money

Turns out that the bolt does hold open. I emailed Thureon to see if I could get more long picatinny rails and to whine about the bolt not locking open.
    I got a response within the hour that yes they will send the rails direct and to lock the bolt open you just push the charging handle in, who'd a thunk
    No matter how far you push the envelope, it will still be stationery

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I was just going to chime in and tell you but looks like you have figured it out!

I tried to resist this offer but I just couldn't do it. Hopefully it's in the mail soon!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast