Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New springfield M1A's in today....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nick237 View Post
    I shouldn't worry about damage done being out of spec and fmj ? I know it's a mil spec rifle also. Can I order some stuff from Springfield with that discount being located in kancukistan. The magazines 30 20 10 and five ? I'd be ok with just the five rounders. Would they pin some mags for me? If not would that be legal to get the mags then retroactively pin them here?i also have this on my to possibly buy list.... The bi pod some shirts tools cheek riser scope mount ? Also what do you guys think of the canadain made casm mount vs the genuine springfield mount particularly the metal one gen 4? Should I just use irons on this fine rifle and worry about getting a different style for the scope? I have more then one norinco m14.... Also so not like I have to use it in the Springfield. Glad I bought before the canadain dollar slipped good investment I can play with.
    I took off my arms 18 ( sometimes it was jamming the empty case) and got a CASM gen ll, this is a great mount and very sturdy... JP.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

BANNED
    CASM is good for range toy.

In real life you need backup sight.

Is there a mount that incorporates the irons ? Perhaps the springfield mount ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    I don't recall the name but the guys at the gun store today said it's an ARMS mount, able to quick remove and use the irons. I don't recall saying you could use both at once. They also chastised me for asking about a mount and scope combo, since once they found it's a SuperMatch, they strongly suggested I learn irons properly, and this is the best system to do it on. I guess I've got some reading to do tonite.

BANNED
    Is there a mount that incorporates the irons ? Perhaps the springfield mount ?
    The 3 best in my opinion, arms 18 (open center ) because it's the lowest mount, and sadlak. ( Promag for $$$)

Arm 18 (open center)

Sadlak airrborne

Promag to save money , pm081a steel

Other option is risky

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    the M14.ca CASM mount seems good. I think I'll try it.

Mine is a range toy so a CASM and my scope are a very sturdy setup, after zeroing, 220 rounds of copperwash and the zero was still dead on... JP.

Does it have a good backup peep ? Like is it useful

Does it have a good backup peep ? Like is it useful
    In the CASM there is a co-witheness hole in the back, while harder to aquired than the original sight, all shots from 100 metres were in a 4 inch group, dead center but a little high (4 inch)... Backup is what it is and for me it is just fine... JP.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast