Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canpar demanding "live signature"

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I agree. With all that moaning and whining not one lost or stolen parcel. Out of all the 1000's !!!!
    I agree.
    Member: CSSA, NFA, CPC

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by futz View Post
    On my last order Canpar refused to drop my package unless I was home to give them a live signature. I have a NSR decal, and left the usual signed sheet for them (which was always good enough before) and went to work. Got home and... no package.

I can't sit at home waiting for packages. That can cost me way more than a typical shipment is worth. I don't work at a fixed location (I'm in construction), so having it delivered to work is out. I'm in an area where theft is pretty rare. A drive to their Burnaby location is a long haul from where I live. What's the solution?
    You can go online now and sighn and they well drop it off as per front or back or in a empty garbage can ..worked for me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Move to Burnaby
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    Delta to Burnaby is a long haul ? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by futz View Post
    ....A drive to their Burnaby location is a long haul from where I live. What's the solution?
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    We use the NSR sticker with no problems, likely it was a new or lazy driver. We recently had a problem where a package was delayed being delivered to the lower mid to east end in Montreal. Typically this would be a 1 day affair, it took Canpar 5 days to deliver with me after them daily, the driver said the road was closed.....really, never heard of going around the block? I am sure it was just a bad seed driver who was to lazy to get off his butt to do his job. I did complain but heard nothing back....got to despise slackers! Ok, end of rant!

Supporting Dealer Henry Nierychlo's Avatar
    Unfortunatly, because I ship ammo & powder, Canpar has made it their policy to have someone receive the parcel & sign for it. Regardless what is in the parcel. They don't know what's in it, so to cover their butts they want a receiver. No more Non Signature Required deliveries.
    The regulations in Canada require a person over 18 has to be around to receive & sign for ammo & reloading components like powder & primers.

I can always ship to a friend, relative or workplace. Everything goes out in plain cardboard boxes with no markings that identify what is in the box.

If your Order does not contain ammo, powder, primers or aerosol cans, I can also ship by Canada Post. Then you can pick up at the nearest Postal Outlet.
    An email requesting that would get you a shipping rate.

Regards, Henry

AKA (Budget Shooter Supply) Click on the Banner at the Top of the Page Also at www.budgetshootersupply.ca

Now Stocking Dillon, Hornady & Lee Presses & Dies !!!

It only takes one lost or stolen shipment in the news to ruin it all. If that happens Canpar will likely drop guns and ammo and we will all be sorry.
    Despite Canpars faults I think we are priveledged to have this. It is a dangerous item and leaving it unattended at a front door is asking for trouble. Trouble that will harm all of us.

Do you not have a neighbor or relative who can sign? I have my stuff delivered to my office just so I know someone is there to sign during business hours.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I agree. With all that moaning and whining not one lost or stolen parcel. Out of all the 1000's !!!!

canpar delivered my handgun to my neighbour, he signed for it, and he gave it to me when I got home.
    Dear Revenue Canada: I would like to cancel my subscription, so please remove my name from your mailing list.

Isn't it the law that a firearm has to be signed for? Man oh man, if that was stolen off your front step and you had to report it to the police...Canpar would be a world of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodkat View Post
    Same with me! Canpar dumped my SKS and a CRATE of ammo by the front door because I wasn't home. No "Sorry we missed you notice", no nothing! Funny thing though, they came back a day LATER to get the signature.

I know how inconvenient it is but I would rather go pick it up from their pick up location rather than worrying about a gun left at my door step which may gets stolen by some special one! & I get to deal with extra hassle!!! No Way.....

CGN Regular
    I have had some much stuff from Canpar as of late. I always just pick it up at the depot. I would rather the 10 min drive then have my gun or ammo or powder go missing. I don't even call to tell them I will be picking it up any more just wait for the second notice and go get it haha. Yes it would be awesome to come home to a new gun waiting on your steps how ever. Coming home to a new gun that went missing is a pain in the ass to deal with. Would be nice though if they left a time they where there though so I could pop over to my house around the time they usally get there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast