Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canpar demanding "live signature"

Canpar demanding "live signature"

On my last order Canpar refused to drop my package unless I was home to give them a live signature. I have a NSR decal, and left the usual signed sheet for them (which was always good enough before) and went to work. Got home and... no package.

I can't sit at home waiting for packages. That can cost me way more than a typical shipment is worth. I don't work at a fixed location (I'm in construction), so having it delivered to work is out. I'm in an area where theft is pretty rare. A drive to their Burnaby location is a long haul from where I live. What's the solution?

CGN Regular
    You could call them directly and give the instruction to the dispatcher, but they may refuse to do it, because generally, the signature that you are doing on their electronic pad is kept in their files so it can be used as a proof of delivery if someone claims that they never received the package. They are protecting themselves from fraud or theft.

The sad thing about this is that you will have to stay home to get the package, and it may never come, it's the second time I stay home all day for a package that never get delivered on the day mentioned in the tracking informations. Plus, their tracking systems sucks, and does not get updated more than once or twice, often after you already received the package!

I'd be willing to bet this is a direct result of all the moaning about Canpar from previous threads where they left items without signatures. I, for one, am not happy with the new "live signature" required either.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Canpar left my handgun and ammo outside my house because nobody was home

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Tough crowd these gunnutters are. BTW I like the no signature no item rule. Had a driver leave a PGWTI Timberwolf leaning up against my door for all of my neighbours to see.

Same with me! Canpar dumped my SKS and a CRATE of ammo by the front door because I wasn't home. No "Sorry we missed you notice", no nothing! Funny thing though, they came back a day LATER to get the signature.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I work all over the place too, and also live outside of town so Canpar won't even come to my house. I get stuff shipped to my company's office address and a secretary or the parts guy signs for it. As long as someone is there to sign, they don't seem to care who it is.
    Kristian

CGN Regular
    I had the same thing.... it's a new service, that Canpar is offering (I talked to the driver), so it depends on the sender if they use it or not. (I had another parcel from a different company, that only required a signed memo on the door). When you order something, maybe request not to ship it with that option?
    I had mine rerouted to work, but as you said, that's not an option for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by futz View Post
    On my last order Canpar refused to drop my package unless I was home to give them a live signature. I have a NSR decal, and left the usual signed sheet for them (which was always good enough before) and went to work. Got home and... no package.

I can't sit at home waiting for packages. That can cost me way more than a typical shipment is worth. I don't work at a fixed location (I'm in construction), so having it delivered to work is out. I'm in an area where theft is pretty rare. A drive to their Burnaby location is a long haul from where I live. What's the solution?
    Delta to Burnaby is a long haul ? lol
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    I'd be willing to bet this is a direct result of all the moaning about Canpar from previous threads where they left items without signatures. I, for one, am not happy with the new "live signature" required either.
    I agree. With all that moaning and whining not one lost or stolen parcel. Out of all the 1000's !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast