Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Customer Service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grummpy's Avatar
    I'd sooner get a root canal than go to Epps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl View Post
    So, you often have issues with retailers. Have you thought maybe you're the issue? Why do you think it's their job to get the rifle back to them, it's not.

When you show respect like that how could "the little punk" not respect your wishes, you're clearly superior to him. He should have bowed down and polished you're boots with his tongue.

So, you buy a VCR from blockbuster video.... VCR breaks, eats up your favorite #### tape, "construction workers gone wild, plumb nasty". Do you call blockbuster video and ask for a pre-paid cab? And while we're at it should they be on the hook for a new copy of plumb nasty?

Why do people think it's the retailers job to get the return back to them? It's not, that's your job.
    Also, call them. You'll find it far me effective than b!tching on a forum.
    any retailer that wont take back defective equipment in the firearms trade isn't a very good bussness man.

the #### tape thing can be looked at this way aswell: you buy a new car at the dealership and it has a problem right off the bat does the dealer tell you to send it back to the factory yourself? I don't think so. ive delt there exactly once , or tried to deal there myself aswell, fella on the phone was very condescending and almost didn't have time for me. so no prob ill find someone else to sell me the rifle
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

BANNED
    Right you are... But YOU need to get the car to the dealer and I'm pretty sure they won't be giving you a gas card.

I can't speak to the dealer in questions warranty policy. I just think its silly that guys expect them to pay shipping. Walmart isn't going to send you a taxi if you want to return a pack of depends.

BANNED
    A local business and one that ships firearms country wide are two different things. The customer shouldn't be paying anything additional due to the fact that they didn't get a working firearm. Its a contract.. The buyer's end is paying money, the dealer's end is delivering a working firearm. When the dealer fails to uphold their part of the contract, why should the customer have to pay extra money for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    any retailer that wont take back defective equipment in the firearms trade isn't a very good bussness man.

the #### tape thing can be looked at this way aswell: you buy a new car at the dealership and it has a problem right off the bat does the dealer tell you to send it back to the factory yourself? I don't think so. ive delt there exactly once , or tried to deal there myself aswell, fella on the phone was very condescending and almost didn't have time for me. so no prob ill find someone else to sell me the rifle
    Totally agree. I have never had problems, but the last time I dealt with EPPS for a new firearms was a few years ago. And then people were praising them, as the place to go in the Southern Ontario area. Funny how these change.
    If you buy a firearm from a dealer, they should stand by the product. You shouldn't have to go contact the maker or the distributor. Poor service I agree, from this example.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by JunktownJerky View Post
    A local business and one that ships firearms country wide are two different things. The customer shouldn't be paying anything additional due to the fact that they didn't get a working firearm. Its a contract.. The buyer's end is paying money, the dealer's end is delivering a working firearm. When the dealer fails to uphold their part of the contract, why should the customer have to pay extra money for anything?
    Did the buyer pay shipping on the original order? If so, why should that change? If not why would they expect free shipping 3 x over?

I've never shopped there , and now I never will ...........

BANNED
    Did the buyer pay shipping on the original order? If so, why should that change? If not why would they expect free shipping 3 x over?
    Its irrelevant who paid for the original shipping. This is extra shipping charges due to the firearm not being functional.

I suppose if you are fine for paying to have defective merchandise returned then by all means do so. Other dealers that will continue to receive my business are the ones that issue RMAs, provide me with pre paid return shipping labels in my order incase something is not up to snuff and so on. My continued business is obviously worth more to them then the odd return shipping charge when something isn't right.

I would also like to mention that at the very least the issue with the bolt closing on wood should have been identified and the gun should never have been sold based on that flaw alone. On the other hand it is of course much easier to sell it anyways and have the customer deal with getting it sorted out on their own time and money.

I also think it is quite peculiar that when I sell a gun on the EE I'm expected to take detailed pictures and mention Any flaws with the firearm but a dealer isn't expected to at the very least check over guns before they leave the shop.

I've never dealt with them nor are they nearby. Doubt they will get any of my business. I've heard negative things about this vendor for years, which is truly sad actually.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast