Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Motiuk Prototype #1: Under Barrel Shotgun

Supporting Business Member Motiuk Mfg.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRich View Post
    Any chance of making one for non restricted rifles?
    Maybe. There aren't too many viable NR platforms for this shotgun though.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    As the shotgun has it's own receiver, and can shoot on its own seperate from the AR15, would it not also be restricted given it's overall lenght on it's own?
    The shotgun cannot really shoot on it's own. The receiver has been modified, so you can't attach a pistol grip or regular stock on it. The under barrel shotgun is classified as non-restricted due to it's overall length.

Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    What about a mount which attaches to the picatiny rail? Or am I late to the party and that already exists?
    That may already exist. Although there are 203 launchers that attach to a rail, it's our opinion that the recoiling force is best transferred to the barrel nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Make a black grip for the shotgun to get rid of the wood furniture and I am all over that.
    Wood will most likely NOT be on the final production version. This will have to be addressed if this moves on to the production phase.
    Motiuk Mfg.
    www.motiuk.com
    sales@motiuk.com
    780-868-8295

whats the new magazine capacity for the 870? and is there still enough room to mount a side saddle on the 870 still?

Clever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Who doesn't love Billy from Predator. Everyone had their cool hardware!!

I think it is a cool toy, and I am sure you will get some oohs and aaahs, but I do not think they will be a seller.. Unless you are selling to military...
    Just ask Knights Armament
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    tagged damn i need one
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motiuk Mfg. View Post

The shotgun cannot really shoot on it's own. The receiver has been modified, so you can't attach a pistol grip or regular stock on it. The under barrel shotgun is classified as non-restricted due to it's overall length.
    Is the shotgun capable of discharging a round while dismounted? If yes then given its overall length while dismounted would make it restricted. Yes the overall length while mounted with the second gun might count as the stock, but could be one hell of a fight in court.

Folding stocks need to be permanently pinned if when folded would cause a classification change. This shotgun setup may be viewed the same way. If the shotgun is detachable, and not "pinned" or affixed in such a way to be considered permanent, you may have an issue.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    As I understand or have read, the rifle becomes the stock and oal makes it NR

You can take the stock off any short barrel pump shotgun and fire it (not recommended) but they remain NR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    As I understand or have read, the rifle becomes the stock and oal makes it NR

You can take the stock off any short barrel pump shotgun and fire it (not recommended) but they remain NR
    As long as you don't keep it that way.

It is two guns. Amalgamated into one. They still have their own separate frt, and as such are classified on their own. I'd want them permanently affixed to ensure that the ar15 stock is not easily removable from the shotgun. If it is, you've got a restricted shotgun that is unregistered.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Supporting Business Member Motiuk Mfg.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urlec View Post
    whats the new magazine capacity for the 870? and is there still enough room to mount a side saddle on the 870 still?
    Magazine capacity is 2+1. And unfortunately no, due to the current interference of the pump handle. This may change.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    As long as you don't keep it that way.

It is two guns. Amalgamated into one. They still have their own separate frt, and as such are classified on their own. I'd want them permanently affixed to ensure that the ar15 stock is not easily removable from the shotgun. If it is, you've got a restricted shotgun that is unregistered.
    To clarify, think of it like an M203, which can technically fire without being attached to the M16 FOW, but is still considered non-restricted.
    Motiuk Mfg.
    www.motiuk.com
    sales@motiuk.com
    780-868-8295