Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mg 34

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    ..lol..100%, it is, but I'm sure there will be some snarky response.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Just to clarify: We have had no issues with any TNW products we have sold, but when a distributor/importer in Canada makes a decision, it is best to let everyone know so as to avoid confusion. We have had to sever ties with manufacturers in the past over, what we perceived to be deal breakers.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I would buy one just for the challenge to get it working That's most of the fun ! Just to say I got her going!
    I think people need to understand this type of firearm is not for everyone unless they are willing to go the extra mile to enjoy it. Thus get it working considering what is available here in Canada. Especially for us without prohib status.

Its hard on the Canadian retailers.

My point !

CGN Regular
    Having personally owned the old model it had problems but i fixed it in no time and ran like a top ,yes its what i do for a living but i feel with some know how others can do the same dont let this be a reason to not buy one they're a pretty sweet firearm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    When I had one, The issues were:

1) The ejector plate bolts stood proud and would jam the gun. Fixed it with a file.
    2) TNW added some kind of cylindrical device on the back of the recoil spring. It served no purpose other than to make the gun short-stroke. I removed it, and it got 50% more reliable.
    3) Booster cone. The one that came with my gun was too tight and caused the gun to recoil too aggressively, causing jams. I suspect they installed a BFA cone, probably because whatever kit they used had last been set up as a blank firing or movie gun. I kept it for 154gn loads and machined a second larger diameter opening cone for 198gn loads. After this is mostly ran 100%, except…

A) You needed to use the strength of Sampson and two fingers to fire the 22# pull. Luckily the gun was so heavy and well supported that is remained accurate. Supposedly you can now get TNW parts that lighten the pull. Dunno - My gun is long sold after I had all the fun I needed to have.
    B) You have to run that action sloppy wet with a decent gun oil Like Hoppes or something. If you let it get too dry, it jams. The Germans used "flour of sulfer" to keep them well lubed, but I've never seen it for sale in Canada - lol.
    C) FMJ Only.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Yes they are Sweet just poopy when the Dealers get fed up with the complaints and stop selling them to the rest of us . But I totally understand them being in retail myself. Any one have a broken one for sale i am looking?

CGN Regular
    what about the MG42 they suppose to have to come next???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Coyote Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    John,

Probably a good call. We had the same issues with a pistol manufacturer... Supposed a 100k warranty but we had a significant failure rate and they simply washed their hands to use and blamed the steel supplier. Cost me a small fortune fixing the issue but so many people are still fanboys.

JR
    I understand the decision from the retail point of view.

But, if you sold them with a disclaimer and "as is", no complaining or bickering, there are guys who really like to tinker and super tune.
    It's the difference between a guy who buys a new car and a guy that hotrods an old muscle car to squeeze every available horsepower out of the engine!

CGN Regular
    ^^^^^^^ absolutely its the fine art that unfortunately is dieing in our trade

I bought one of these from you John.... Yes indeed it required a firm pull of the trigger to operate....on the plus side i sold it for what i paid for it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast