CSA chrome lined 18.5"

If the .22 conversion for the 858 happens I'll change the one I have now over for varmit hunting.

I'm hoping to do the same. Do you think the conversion will have comparable accuracy to the average .22lr? I'm concerned, but I'm still learning about firearms so forgive me if my question sounds dumb.:p

The advantages of chrome lined barrels

The barrel is much easier to clean since carbon and copper fouling doesn't attach to the inside of the barrel as it does in a plain barrel.

The bore is resistant to corrosion and pitting, and you don't need to clean as often if using non corrosive ammo

Extraction and feeding is smoother

The barrel is less affected by erosion basically lasts longer.

They are also less accurate...

Chrome line would be a nice touch...but I'd MUCH MUCH rather a side rail on the receiver for easily mounting scopes that hold/do not lose zero.

I emailed CSA and they said we should expect to see the chrome lined Non restricted ones in April 2013.

I'm in the market for a VZ-58 and was about to buy one then I see this thread so I decided to hold off. It's now April 2013. Is a chrome lined barrel here yet or coming soon? Would love to know so I can decide to wait for it or just buy a regular VZ now.

Back
Top Bottom