SHOT SHOW 2013 PolyCase polymer cased pistol ammo

Very interesting. Would be fun to see a comprehensive test once this case gets geared up for American production, especially to see how hot that black polymer will get in the sun, and how well it deals with cold, and if there's a definitive cook-off point.

I am surprised and disappointed that Magpul is not the one bringing this to the market.

This reminds me to mention that it can be molded in any colour you want.
At the range, they only had live ammo in black, but at the booth they had empties in red, pink, and clear/white.
The range officer was suggesting that a police force could get their ammo in a specific colour to deter ammo from going astray.

Last edited:
The problem is of course, that hot brass is a great way to remove heat from the chamber. that being said, would be useful for people with beards taking a long stroll over far away mountains. Weight is always a factor.

Hmm, if this could actually be reloaded that would be awesome, otherwise its just more plastic that never breaks down filling up landfills, which I think is unfortunate.

There was a very similar product in the 80s and it was claimed the cases could be reloaded by hand (no need to resize, flare and than crimp)... The calibers were .38, .357 if memory serves... The product was short lived...

There was a very similar product in the 80s and it was claimed the cases could be reloaded by hand (no need to resize, flare and than crimp)... The calibers were .38, .357 if memory serves... The product was short lived...

did that one make it to market?
I think there have been many attempts, but most dont go very far.
There was another company that exhibited at SHOT in 2011 and 2012.
http://www.pcpammo.com/
They were also at Media Day last year also.
They were supposed to be at this years show, but I didnt see them. The website is still up, so I dont know what to make of that.

it would be an interesting case for people shooting lost brass IPSC matches, Shoot the brass at practice when you can pick it up and shoot this when you cant

Granted, but plastics have come a long way since the '80s.

Similar to the PCP stuff but focused on the handgun calibre market. Whereas PCP is more focused on the military application calibres (.223/.308) and their cases can be supposedly reloaded.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

And hey, people have been using plastic shotgun hulls for a long time now and those are reloadable. Not the same pressures, but it all comes down to the polymer they use. The aluminum rim is a nice touch.

Not being hit by hot brass cases is definitely a plus, but I think my family will stick to reloading with brass for a while yet. Meanwhile, we'll see how the polymer cases pan out.

There was another company that exhibited at SHOT in 2011 and 2012.
http://www.pcpammo.com/
They were also at Media Day last year also.
They were supposed to be at this years show, but I didnt see them. The website is still up, so I dont know what to make of that.

PCP is still around, they just did a limited release of .308 ammo in the US. There are a few articles & vids of their stuff. Reviews are favourable but the ammo is at a premium price.

Back
Top Bottom