Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Overstock Gen4 G17s

Everything i've read has been second hand discussion on boards etc. I havent seen any sort of true press release from glock on changing the process.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446185

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    I've been seeing this too, with the twist extra that Glock has not used the 'classic' Tenifer process since 2011. So it really doesn't matter if it's an American or Austrian built/assembled pistol. Sign 'o the times.

It's hard to nail down any exact sources. Just trying to piece this together from various reports from Glock Armorers, articles, and forum postings. There's apparently some interesting details on the process itself in Peter Kokalis' Weapons Tests And Evaluations: The Best Of Soldier Of Fortune.

Search on 'tenifer' on glock.com and you'll find a total of zero articles.

Anyone have access to any official press releases? Or is this is in the domain of corporate secrets?

ya it seems like there is a ton of misinformation floating around about this situation... It would be nice if glock would release some info to clear things up.

CGN Regular
    Just ended up with mine.. its a USA one, come with a little scratch on the slide , no big deal , but i had it at the range and could only load 8-9 into the mags, more of an issue for me is one spent casing from from every mag was hitting me square between the eyes .. Common problem to anyone else?

Thanks Jon

Got back from the range with mine and it functioned perfectly. Casings ejected and didn't hit me.
    Very reliable gun, no misfeeds, jams or other issues. I was using cheap aluminum-cased ammo too.
    My Glock is marked "Made in Austria".
    Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 02-23-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Same here. All 3 mags loads only 9 rounds.

Talk with Clay, pretty sure they'll swap out your mags with some that are properly "pinned".

Quote Originally Posted by Steijaka View Post
    Same here. All 3 mags loads only 9 rounds.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Regular
    After some research it seems it common problem if you are not holding it right , embarassing but if you dont limp hand it shouldnt do it. Back to the range to try today!

Quote Originally Posted by jonbpc View Post
    After some research it seems it common problem if you are not holding it right , embarassing but if you dont limp hand it shouldnt do it. Back to the range to try today!
    If your not used to Glock's you might also have to watch that your thumb isn't riding the slide stop. Coming from a cz-75 I kept resting my thumb on the stop with my m&p and my slide wasn't staying locked back until I realized what was up.

CGN Regular
    ^ thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Talk with Clay, pretty sure they'll swap out your mags with some that are properly "pinned".
    Not sure if it would change anything since its not just my 3 mags that don't load 10. My friend also took advantage of this deal and all his mags also loads 9 rounds only.
    Some people got the 17rnd mags pinned to 10. Those might fit the 10 rounds. All my mags were only the 10 rounder but should have been called a 9 rounder.