Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted firearms registration for Quebec customer

Lebaron, Sail, both in Ottawa and both with PQ operations never registered firearms in PQ since the lgr was scrapped. I don't think any other business in Canada did either. Gunshops in Quebec would register NR guns at point of sale for PQ residents only. This has been a PQ residents experience here btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGNUT View Post
    Hi John,
    i'm reminded of a old quote...."don't argue with an idiot, as they will only bring you down to their level".
    I agree, don't ever argue with john, he will bring you down...
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    I agree, don't ever argue with john, he will bring you down...
    Ahhhhhh....I see what you did there.......very tricky.....
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by SIGNUT View Post
    Ahhhhhh....I see what you did there.......very tricky.....
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

I would just like to add that I am truly amazed by the general lack of intelligence and eagerness to complain here on CGN. Nobody seems to be pleased with anything. Instead of contacting the dealer by phone, or in person when possible they'd rather post it up here and complain about their emails not being answered. Why can't everyone just chill out and open their eyes to the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you, and mistakes happen. Have some patience and a bit of courtesy that apparently isn't common.

I'll give a brief example, I had a quad-rail for an AR-15 sent to me by a site sponsor, not Marstar but that is irrelevant. The rail came with 4 screws, all were supposed to be slotted but one ended up having no slot in it whatsoever. Now in typical CGN fashion I guess I should have came on here, called the sponsor down to the dirt and demand a fix. Instead I called them, they directed me to the manufacturer to get replacement screws sent to me and within a week I had them. End of story, great folks to deal with.

The internet has many blessings and shortcomings. One blessing is allowing us all to share our interest of firearms as a big community. The shortcoming here is that it is far easier to complain like a little child and watch your thread grow with redundant remarks than it is to actually get things solved/accomplished. I mean we are adults, right? There is more drama here than in high school.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotKing View Post
    There is more drama here than in high school.
    You're right on that.
    Even if Marstars' detractors here are right - who cares?
    Move on folks. Nothing to see here.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotKing View Post
    I would just like to add that I am truly amazed by the general lack of intelligence and eagerness to complain here on CGN. Nobody seems to be pleased with anything. Instead of contacting the dealer by phone, or in person when possible they'd rather post it up here and complain about their emails not being answered. Why can't everyone just chill out and open their eyes to the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you, and mistakes happen. Have some patience and a bit of courtesy that apparently isn't common.

I'll give a brief example, I had a quad-rail for an AR-15 sent to me by a site sponsor, not Marstar but that is irrelevant. The rail came with 4 screws, all were supposed to be slotted but one ended up having no slot in it whatsoever. Now in typical CGN fashion I guess I should have came on here, called the sponsor down to the dirt and demand a fix. Instead I called them, they directed me to the manufacturer to get replacement screws sent to me and within a week I had them. End of story, great folks to deal with.

The internet has many blessings and shortcomings. One blessing is allowing us all to share our interest of firearms as a big community. The shortcoming here is that it is far easier to complain like a little child and watch your thread grow with redundant remarks than it is to actually get things solved/accomplished. I mean we are adults, right? There is more drama here than in high school.
    No. More likely in typical gun retailer fashion they'd have told you that they don't warranty the screws. You'd have had to pay $20 shipping to return the screw. Then you'd wait four months with absolutely no word from the vendor. Repeated attempts to contact by phone and email go completely unanswered.

Four months later, your screws finally show up unannounced. You open the package, and there's your new screw.. Just like the original, it also has a no slot.

How's your patience level now? Because that's the exact level of service people are complaining about. Not what you described. What you described is excellent service - problems happened and they were resolved. Read the threads - in reality, problems happen and then the dealers serve you up a complete clusterf.
    Last edited by waterwheel; 07-17-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Pebkac
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    if i owned Marstar and had deal with this, i would have unpinned all my mags, grabbed some FA guns and went on a killing spree long time ago.

my hat is off to you john, you are one cool cucumber!!! i have no idea how you stay sane.........

BANNED

Amazing how the OPs asking of one objective, concise question can lead to a cascade of irrelevant diatribe.