Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 213133343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Yugo semi-auto

I apologize but I have not quoted anyone I made an observation based on your post and johnone's reply. And I'm not bashing any one. I agree that John brings a great service and product to us and I thank him for that. That being said
    "Had I known it would be such an inconvenience to you I would certainly not had the accident...."
    Is still a rude inappropriate response to a customer inquiry! And weather or not you take offense to it or not I find it offensive if that is truly how he deals with customers that way! I have purchased from marstar and hope that if I run into a problem that this is not the service I get is all! And no I will not tell John how to run his company but I feel just in giving feed back. So in short let me make this clear I'm not saying John is a bad guy or that marstar is a bad company(they are a local business for me and that's what I like is to support my local economy) but to John I'm sorry you had an accident but to throw it in the customers face to make them feel bad about following up with you about in issue well not cool!

Expired Business
    Heavy T-17;
    "That you bit his head off and it was not called for "
    May I respectfully suggest you avail yourself of all the details regarding this matter.... I might add, so we are clear, this deal between Smitsauce and myself had absolutely nothing to do with my company, he purchased a firearm from my personal collection....
    I do owe him a bayonet for the rifle. As I had not unpacked the several cases of bayonets in my collection I offered to take back the rifle, he preferred to keep it....I offered to compensate him ($$) for the bayonet, he said he would wait....

"I know it might not mean much to lose my business but if this is truly how you treat customers I'm out! "
    Perhaps we are all over reacting here, please read the above comment, if needed I'm certain that we can fill you in on all the details so taht you will be fully aware of the entire file....

JOHN

Expired Business
    #1BCSHOOTER;
    "It night help their image if they took away Johns Internet access though"

I think that is a very valid idea, that way I won't have to reply to the hundreds of messages, questions and postings to my attention every day.

I know I can always count on you for creative and informative comments, I will do my best to back off and not post anything that might cause you any problems....

Of course should I stray from the correct path (your path) I'm certain you will be there to correct me....

John

Expired Business
    SMITSAUCE:
    " It is pretty damned easy to take written things the wrong way on here "
    I could not agree more, I do apologize for being sarcastic in my reply, the last 8 months have not been my best ever

"I am going to delete my posts on here about this issue."
    I don't see why you should, we are all entitled to our opinions, good or bad, positive or negative, as long as we keep it somewhat civilized

Now can we let this matter just die off ??
    John

Ive yet to grow a set and orderer from marstar lmao.

Well all aside I've ordered from them and never a problem!!! So dont let anyone scare you away from this place cause as I did say and will say again marstar provides a great service and product!!! And along as they do I will be a customer! So man up if there is somthing you want get it!!!! Especially with the milsurp stuff it's fun to own history! And shooting it is even better!!!!

So, I finally received my Yugo SKS... it actually showed up at the post office a month ago, but I was on a boat....

After a cursory (Read: I'm lazy) google search, I couldn't find instructions on how to use the grenade sights...

I'm planning (Just for a bit of fun at the annual "red rifle" shoot at the local club) to buy a few practice grenades and as many blanks as I can get my hands on... anyone have any insight?

I noticed there's some sort of visible aiming marks on the underside of the rifle sight, but it doesn't seem to be useful for aiming the grenade sight... all I can see "logically" is lining the muzzle up with the notches on the grenade sight...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    You have to have actual grenade to be able to utilize that sight. There are 3 types of grenades. Anti personal, smoke, and armor piercing. Each one has specific makings on them and you use that mark to align with the notch in the sight on the rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGP2101 View Post
    You have to have actual grenade to be able to utilize that sight. There are 3 types of grenades. Anti personal, smoke, and armor piercing. Each one has specific makings on them and you use that mark to align with the notch in the sight on the rifle.
    Great info thanks, does anyone know where to get dummy grenades and blanks?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    I do not know where to get those items and I would strongly suggest against it.
    If you do not know what you doing and do not follow the drill you can easily cut your fingers off.
    There are certain "how to" that you need to know before even first attempt should take place.

Takes a tremendous force to launch 3-4 pounds projectile few hundred meters.
    Rifle has to be prepared for that by cutting off gas piston. What you call “blank” has to be taken out of sealed plastic bag just before action. It is not BLANK, never to be confused with regular blanks. IT IS NOT blank I repeat. Never to be taken out of plastic bag unless to be used immediately.
    When firing one should not grip rifle with firing hand. Fingers never to be inside trigger guard as well.
    Knowing proper technique and safety precautions when firing this beast is a must.
    Proper stance and holding while firing is explained in field manual. It will crack your collar bone and dislocate shoulder if you do not know how.
    Last edited by SIGP2101; 10-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.