Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A lightweight carbine length rifle...the Savage Model 10 Scout 7.62x39

[QUOTE=S1de8urnz;9526975]7.62x39 is pretty damn good little bullet. Perfect for a scout rifle. You can reload it with any .308 bullet on the market.[QUOTE]

WRONG!

Bullet diameter for 7.62mm Russian is .310" not .308"
    Nice to see people talking out of their ass... Not quite a catostrophic combination, try loading .303" bullets into a .308" so you take yourself out of the gene pool!

[QUOTE=joe.danay;9527760][QUOTE=S1de8urnz;9526975]7.62x39 is pretty damn good little bullet. Perfect for a scout rifle. You can reload it with any .308 bullet on the market.

WRONG!

Bullet diameter for 7.62mm Russian is .310" not .308"
    Nice to see people talking out of their ass... Not quite a catostrophic combination, try loading .303" bullets into a .308" so you take yourself out of the gene pool!
    Wrong!

Its not a .310 bore. Thanks for trying. Maybe do a little research before implying someone is an idiot. It just makes you look like one.
    -SideBurnz-

Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    These have some issues apparently with milsurp ammo so you should read up on them first.
    ...and I would love to run corrosive ammo in a rifle that cost $800
    LMFAO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thats why I bought the CZ 527 in 7.62x39 as per their website " It is ideal for shooting the steel cased surplus ammo with .311 bulletts" The Savage has the .308 bore the Cz is .311 Even Hornady for their 7.62 makes .310 bulletts. Proper bore diameter for bullett diameter sounds right to me!!!!

[QUOTE=S1de8urnz;9527809][QUOTE=joe.danay;9527760]
    Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    7.62x39 is pretty damn good little bullet. Perfect for a scout rifle. You can reload it with any .308 bullet on the market.

Wrong!

Its not a .310 bore. Thanks for trying. Maybe do a little research before implying someone is an idiot. It just makes you look like one.
    Already have, there's a box of 7.62R on my reload shelf, how about yours?
    First thing I did was measure the bullet diameter. It is NOT the same size as .308"
    2 choices here; Remain silent and have people think you're an idiot, or speak up and prove it beyond a shadow of doubt!

Does any one else out there actually HAVE 7.62R bullets and care to measure them?
    Reloading 7.62x39 costs more than buying surplus so it's fairly pointless. I got them to load in my brass 7.62x54 cartridges.
    Last edited by joe.danay; 01-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.danay View Post
    ...and I would love to run corrosive ammo in a rifle that cost $800
    LMFAO
    Ya no kidding. Lol. I just hate corrosive ammo altogether. Steel case stuff too. But they all have there place I guess.
    -SideBurnz-

FYI not all "7.62" rifles are created equal. Some countries measure from the rifling lands or from the rifling grooves. End result is different bore sizes being called the same NOMINAL size.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Sorry sideburnz, I posted the info in the interest of safety for everyone. Not just to insult you.
    I love my surplus ammo toys and I've spent more total on my CZ858 than what this scout rifle would cost, but it's not fair to compare!

[QUOTE=joe.danay;9527901][QUOTE=S1de8urnz;9527809]
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.danay View Post

Already have, there's a box of 7.62R on my reload shelf, how about yours?
    First thing I did was measure the bullet diameter. It is NOT the same size as .308"
    2 choices here; Remain silent and have people think you're an idiot, or speak up and prove it beyond a shadow of doubt!

Does any one else out there acrually HAVE 7.62R bullets and care to measure them?
    Reloading 7.62x39 costs more than buying surplus so it's fairly pointless. I got them to load in my brass 7.62x54 cartridges.
    Reloading 7.62x39 is more money than buying the cheap corrosive ammo. I didnt say it was cheaper nor implied it. Lol. What I said is that you can buy a nice case of brass non corrosize FMJ ammo, and then reload a decent hunting round into it. Your the one assuming and implying. Your the one calling people stupid. Your the one with a chip on his sholder. I dont know if thats your angle, or maybe im reading your posts in an angry voice.

Lol. Look its simple. This gun is not retarded. It has a place, and will do a fine job for what I have planned for it. Some people want a rifle that leaves them with the option to shoot to cheapest ammo on the market, or put a little time and money into making a good and accurate bullet. What it comes down to is that it has the option. And yes, it shoots both ammo fine. I did look into it before getting out the credit card.

I wanted a decent 7.62x39 bolt gun. The CZ's arent cheep either, and if I had found one I'd poney iup the cash and buy it too. Am I the idiot because you cant't see the value in that? Yes there are better guns out there, some with better ballistics and what not. It has the accu stock, accu trigger, scout rail, and a box magazine.

As for do I have a caliper and bullet in my pocket at work... No. I guess you win this round!
    -SideBurnz-

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast