Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NON Restricted trigger group for DA50 cal uppers. Aug 28th update

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-A-X View Post
    That lower is made of aluminium or steel?
    7075 T6 aluminum. Steel would weigh a ton.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Got mine all finished up now, going to sight it in tomorrow and hopefully take it out to 1000 before the snow hits . Really happy with it , the ATRS lower is a huge upgrade, not only making it non restricted but making the whole rifle stronger with the steel lug and bolt that connect the upper to lower.. I did have some concern of the durability of a regular AR15 lower on this upper but the beefy ATRS lower gives me complete confidence. Weighs about 30 pounds with everything on it. Some of the parts im using are .

Badger Max .50 rings extra high
    VersaPod .50BMG HD classic bipod and HD Picatinny Rail Versa-Pod Mount
    Tactilite pachmayr recoil pad adaptor for PRS
    Airsoft folding carry handle , works for now lol

Last edited by boss351cleveland; 10-31-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Looks gorgeous.
    I hope to get one soon.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Regular
    Anyone having trouble cycleing the bolt after shooting mines hard as #### to open once the round has been fired
    Being a gun owner in this country comes with a life sentence of hard political labour

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismojunky View Post
    Anyone having trouble cycleing the bolt after shooting mines hard as #### to open once the round has been fired
    Could be a sign of high pressure. My DA50 (from batch 2) has a tight chamber (confirmed with CanadaAmmo), but the bolt opens easily after firing with Hornady AMAX factory ammo and with reloads in Hornady Brass (starting low at 210.0 grains of H50BMG behind a 647gr military surplus pulled bullet). My bolt is a lot harder to open with the same powder charge and projectile using Lake City military surplus brass - I backed off to 200.0 gr for the Lake City brass (probably a lower limit for proper powder burn) and the bolt is easy to open once again.

I do have a small rubber mallet in my "support box" for the DA50 just in case - but prefer to keep my powder charges lower instead. I also sprayed a bit of case lube on the neck of the brass for the first 50 or so rounds.

I haven't tried the XM33 American Eagle but have heard that it is pretty hot in other bolt-action .50s.

Now at 100+ rounds through and really enjoy shooting the DA50, as does my 14 year old son, and various range regulars.

Hope this helps.
    Are you saying I'm a "gun nut"? I prefer the term "Firearms Enthusiast"...

CGN Regular
    How much for this no restricted lower, will it fit an ar15 upper
    Thanks,
    InkyMP

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    $750 from the ATRS website. I think they take pre-orders in batches. My understanding is that you have to ship your upper to them for installation of a metal block/lug system that renders the upper incompatible with the AR-15 lower, and their lower is obviously incompatible with an AR-15 upper for it to be non-restricted.
    Are you saying I'm a "gun nut"? I prefer the term "Firearms Enthusiast"...

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismojunky View Post
    If you shooting American Eagle XM33 thats why , the ammo was made for heavy machine guns , that equals sloppy brass and and probably a bit too hot a load for bolt guns, both things can cause sticking . Try polishing up the ammo very good with a product like Peek polish from crappy tire and a micro fiber cloth , gets it looking very shiny and smooth quick. Some people have had luck taking it apart and reducing the charge slightly , even heard of people sanding the neck of the case slightly because i guess the necks are a bit too thick for a match chamber ??? Lee has a very affordable reloading setup for the .50 quality brass, bullets powder can be found too.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inky View Post
    How much for this no restricted lower, will it fit an ar15 upper
    Thanks,
    InkyMP
    Our lowers are made ONLY to work with certain specific single shot bolt action uppers that employ an AR15 style lower as a fire control group.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I am glad I am not necro-threading this because I have recently come to the realization that I want a 50BMG. I was wondering though, how hard it would be to make this into a Bolt action repeater. I know that it would require to re-design the lower to accept a common magazine (I'm guessing the barrett mag), then forward that to the rcmp to re=approve because it is a major redesign of your basic lower. also I i thinki t would require to add another step on re-machining the upper to accept a bottom feeding action.

That being said I think your work is impeccable. and I cannot wait to hear your response.
    Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Vires et honestas.
    Μολὼν λαβέ RTKBA
    I have too many guns, what a nice problem to have...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast