Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product Announcement - 2 way radios

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GLOCK_PERFECTION's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Curious about range in wooded & hilly areas??? (Running to hide credit card...)

Cheers
    Jay
    It depend on a lot of factors. If you are on the top of a hill or in the brush. Theses can have a decent range of the line of sight is good for example on a lake or on the highest point. It also depend on the wattage hi-lo.

The stock antenna is very average but there's Anton of aftermarket ones taut can increase your range. Nagoya make some good and cheap antennas.
    This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GLOCK_PERFECTION". These posts are for entertainment use. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocolt View Post
    So if my employer has a license for the frequency channel which we use for work & we do, can I run this radio on our frequency channel?
    Very likely. What frequency?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    you can't operate them without a ham liscence.
    It's pretty crazy, but, I think they still do work even if the operator doesn't have a license.
    Crazy I know, but I've seen it. Expected the guy to burst into flames or be swarmed by black helicopters.
    But. Nothing.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Curious about range in wooded & hilly areas??? (Running to hide credit card...)

Cheers
    Jay
    If you purchase a longer antenna for these radios the range is fantastic, we use them with the waterproof mikes for sledding and calling kms on logging roads and have been very impressed with the range... again with the longer antennas, the short ones you might as well buy a couple cans and some string

Is there any software available to clone multiple radios. Or can you clone from one radio to the next with an interconnect?
    CSSA member.
    CCFR member.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any usb port or other Mode of charging !

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We just have the radio for now. Next shipment we will have a whole bunch of program cables, accessories, etc.

I will also look into order the antenna upgrade. I have one on my Icom HT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GLOCK_PERFECTION's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    It's pretty crazy, but, I think they still do work even if the operator doesn't have a license.
    Crazy I know, but I've seen it. Expected the guy to burst into flames or be swarmed by black helicopters.
    But. Nothing.
    Lol

It's clear That the radios will operate with or without ham license. The fact is that it's illegal to operate ham radio without ham license. Everybody do their own choices about the laws and to each their limits.

In every ham club there is some crazy guys that just try to locate, find and report illegal operators. It can be very costly if you get caught. But if you don't get caught, nothing' will happen.
    This post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "GLOCK_PERFECTION". These posts are for entertainment use. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

MUST you take all my money...I was looking at a couple just last week...and TA DA! Stop viewing my browser history...and please forget about that site...you know which one!

I hate autocorrect. I always end up posting some thong I didn't Nintendo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We just have the radio for now. Next shipment we will have a whole bunch of program cables, accessories, etc.

I will also look into order the antenna upgrade
    . I have one on my Icom HT.
    excellent!
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold