Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My Alaskan Scout: Doesn't Look Right

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by close range View Post
    Im pretty sure the box came sealed from the factory, so no fault of Wanstalls.
    true, but a retailer should be varifying what is in the box and it's condition before shipping it out, avoids situations like this. Same with shipping damage, if a retailer does not verify the condition of the product when they recieved it and you get a damaged gun after it is shipped a second time, how do you blame the correct shipper/make a valid claim?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    I'm from the "wanstalls will make it right" camp.

Because mines on the way, and if it looks anything like that... They will be hearing from me!
    Not that I'm very feared haha
    Triple bread rounds for the win

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    true, but a retailer should be varifying what is in the box and it's condition before shipping it out, avoids situations like this. Same with shipping damage, if a retailer does not verify the condition of the product when they recieved it and you get a damaged gun after it is shipped a second time, how do you blame the correct shipper/make a valid claim?
    Just looking at my paperwork for a new gun a month ago from a differant retailer.. Hand written signed note verifying model and serial #.. Also magazine yes x2. inspect stock.. yes no damage. inspect barrel.. yes no damage!! And quess what ?Gun came in perect condition!!!!

Chiappa.....ahhuuugg!!!

Great designs and clones...crappy fit and finish.

Wanted an 1892....had 3 in my lgs.....not one of them perfect.....

But Gary and the guys at Wanstalls are perfect.

its a chiappa what did u expect?

Quote Originally Posted by close range View Post
    Just got the gun and wasn't sure if this was considered an "acceptable" finish for hard chrome.
    Will be talking to Wanstalls first thing in the am.
    Chiappa doesnt take pride in their products and likewise doesnt back up their mistakes with a good warranty/customer service. My m1 9mm carbine was a p.o.s! i wont reccomend chiappa products to anyone!

To be fair at least SFRC took care of me and my Chiappa purchase (couldve been a lemon)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If these were just made as a special limited order, how the heck did they corrode that fast!?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

How do you even sell one of these without visually verifying a serial number before it leaves the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Just looking at my paperwork for a new gun a month ago from a differant retailer.. Hand written signed note verifying model and serial #.. Also magazine yes x2. inspect stock.. yes no damage. inspect barrel.. yes no damage!! And quess what ?Gun came in perect condition!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grand778 View Post
    My m1 9mm carbine was a p.o.s! i wont reccomend chiappa products to anyone!
    I very rarely wait for reviews on a new item before ordering but in the case of that rifle I am glad I did and saved the headache
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    This thread has been a eye opener for me, I have a 92 trapper that is flawless. Great fit, finish and function. This is coming from someone that is very fussy and has a eye for detail.

OP, I can imagine that this was a bid let down but they will take care of you.