Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16262829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    I am also disappointed with Marstar.

I have a Garand rifle that is currently being built for me by a smith. The smith was assembling the rifle and he noticed that the rear handguard ferrule was missing. He ordered the part from Marstar on January 13, 2014 and we still don't have it.

They say that they shipped the part out last Friday; however, we still don't have it and my Garand languishes. The lack of this one small part is delaying my build and I have no idea why Marstar would sit on their hands for two weeks before finally waking up and shipping the ferrule.

In the past I have had better experiences with Marstar. But their customer service is slipping. Badly.
    What makes you think they didn't ship it, as you claim they told you?
    Couriers often are late delivering items, and sometimes even misplace an item.
    hell the part could be in the gunsmiths po box, and they just haven't fetched it yet.

simply put, why would a retailer lie about the day they shipped an item?
    This is not legal advise, this is only my opinion.
    For legal advise please seek a lawyer. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Country_Younger View Post
    Im done with Marstar. I recently purchased a new Norinco NP58. The online ad shows 2 mags, the description doesnt say otherwise.# It arrives with 1 mag. I emailed back regarding the discrepancy and was informed that they only ship it with 1, but I can buy the second one for $39.95 ! Guess I'll have to check the trunk of the next car I buy to see if I have to buy the spare tire seperate? I know, I know its not big $ but its the principal. You could be honest in your ad and advise that you help youself to the second mag and then its on the buyer to decide if they care or not.
    Oh well, live and learn. I wont be back.
    Try as I might, I looked high and low for all possible locations where you saw the ad that says the NP58 comes with two mags, and I can't find it. The ad does say that if you order a second mag, you get 10 dollars off.

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=75653

So, you have your knickers in a knot over something you misunderstood?
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

Haha, well. . . the attached video intro shows a magazine in the pistol and another one in the "second mag" indent in the case. I have purchased 4 other Norinco pistols (big spender, I know), not from Marstar, and they have all arrived with 2 mags. Friends who own the NP58 recieved it with 2 mags. Nothing on there website suggests that it wouldnt come with 2 mags.
    They know they helped themselves to the second mag, and chose not to disclose that in the description = shenanigans.
    I guess its their right as the retailer . . . but all to bone you into spending another $40 . . . ?

Nothing on there website suggests that it wouldnt come with 2 mags.

Nothing on their website suggests it would come with 2 mags. As far as the video, just looks like an empty magazine well to me.

I ordered an NP58 from them about 2 years ago and it came with only one mag. Like others have posted, no mention of two mags.

Haha, well. . . the attached video intro shows a magazine in the pistol and another one in the "second mag" indent in the case. I have purchased 4 other Norinco pistols (big spender, I know), not from Marstar, and they have all arrived with 2 mags. Friends who own the NP58 recieved it with 2 mags. Nothing on there website suggests that it wouldnt come with 2 mags.
    They know they helped themselves to the second mag, and chose not to disclose that in the description = shenanigans.
    I guess its their right as the retailer . . . but all to bone you into spending another $40 . . . ?
    see 0:53 and 0:56 in the video.

the first could appear to have a mag in the magwell, but when compared to 0:56, it is clear that the magwell is empty in 0:53.
    This is not legal advise, this is only my opinion.
    For legal advise please seek a lawyer. :D

They did not ship it on January 13 like they said at first. It still has not arrived. The smith is a completely squared away guy. He wants to build the rifle and he does not have the part. He is as frustrated as I am and he checks his mail every day.

Why would Marstar lie? I did not say that they lied. But I do think they are inefficient and that they don't know exactly what's going on.

They delayed my build by several weeks and I am very disappointed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The one mag issue has dogged them for years. I can't see why they don't simply supply two like many others. That is to clearly say that others supply the NP58 with two mags. Just put the mag issue to rest.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Expired Business
    Im done with Marstar. I recently purchased a new Norinco NP58. The online ad shows 2 mags, the description doesnt say otherwise.# It arrives with 1 mag. I emailed back regarding the discrepancy and was informed that they only ship it with 1, but I can buy the second one for $39.95 ! Guess I'll have to check the trunk of the next car I buy to see if I have to buy the spare tire seperate? I know, I know its not big $ but its the principal. You could be honest in your ad and advise that you help youself to the second mag and then its on the buyer to decide if they care or not.
    Oh well, live and learn. I wont be back.
    This was explained to you in detail, please look at the picture on the site, at NO time did we say two mags at the promotional pricing.... Did you not read the reply we sent you after we received your e mail with picture ??

John

Expired Business
    PLEASE take a moment to examine more carefully, what you see in the image isan empty mag well, if a mag were present the forward lip of the baseplate would be visible....
    I would be curious to know which dealer is offering a better deal on the NP-58 ??
    OF course if you are not satisfied simply return your purchase for a full refund....\
    John

Update:

No ferrule today. My Garand build has now been delayed for three weeks. Hooray!