Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    The issue isn't buying high quality vs. low quality. The issue is inconsistency. I can show you a sample M305 and sell you ten of them - from what we are seeing, they will all have vastly different qualities. Some of them will be essentially unusable, others will fail frequently, some will have cosmetic issues, others will be perfect. The consumer cannot make an informed decision because of the variance. The retailers are generally unwilling to extend the buyer the courtesy of making sure the product they ship is of reasonable quality so the consumer must either accept those terms and roll the dice or vote with his wallet. I am voting with my wallet.

FF
    Quality is subjective....as is value. We know what the issues are with these rifles, and we know how to fix them cheaply as well. Nobody could ever claim they got a perfect Nork M14, or that these are on par with Springfield etc ....and if they did they would be full of ####. The value here is forged receiver, decent chrome lined barrel, decent small parts, everything more or less to USGI dimensions.
    Will there be tool marks, sharp edges, pointy corners, sloppy cast parts, inconsistent finish....#### yeah, on every single one of them.
    Some people can live with that based on the positive functioning and reasonable accuracy. Some are more concerned with the looks and would never be happy with one of these.

Expired Business
    M-305 rifles;
    Yes we received some that are not quite what we expected, This despite the fact that we attend and inspect each production run at the factory,

Those few were taken back and full refunds extended or replaced, customers choice....

In this particular case we ran out, we could not replace it was either the customer pay full rate for the SKS or return both rifles, he elected to return both, we extended a full refund including shipping.... Realistically, what more could we do ?

Hitzy hit it on the head, we have left the price unchanged for almost 10 years.... When we started selling them @ $399.oo other dealers/importers were selling them @ $799. and $899. does anyone recall that ?

But I guess we are the bad guys, again.
    John

Expired Business
    1) if prices were going up, they would just go up. How many times has a supplier told you "buy now so I can make less profit by selling a low price!"? Or is more likely you would hear, "Buy now! Avoid disappointment!"?

2) if prices are in fact going up, it is bc they are sold out offering product beneath their own standards/quality at $500, so why not try for higher prices?
    I love it when people like you arrive at these conclusions and making statements without having any knowledge of what is going on in the real world....

I realize you are an expert way beyond what the common folk appreciate

It is a strange situation when there are numerous people out there including our fellow shooter, Hungry, who until know I considered the Canadian "guru" of the M-305, I now realize he has met his match in you.

By the way, there several thousand satisfied customers out there who do not agree with you.... But what do they know ?
    John

CGN frequent flyer
    I bought one of these combos shortly after they came out. The SKS had a few minor handling marks, but otherwise was in as-new and unfired condition. The M-305 was just fine - everything fit and was properly lined up. The sight indexing is bang-on and the stock sights are quite good. I read all the stickies about function testing and ensuring the ears on the bolt fit correctly. All good. One of the mags needed a touch-up with a small file to fit perfectly, that was all. The gun works very well just as it came out of the box.

I guess I didn't post anything about this earlier because it was such a non-event of a transaction! I saw their ad, paid my money and Marstar delivered what they had advertised. Same with the Norinco 1911, Grand Power K-100 and other stuff I've ordered in the last few years. Keep up the good work, John.

The issue isn't buying high quality vs. low quality. The issue is inconsistency. I can show you a sample M305 and sell you ten of them - from what we are seeing, they will all have vastly different qualities. Some of them will be essentially unusable, others will fail frequently, some will have cosmetic issues, others will be perfect. The consumer cannot make an informed decision because of the variance. The retailers are generally unwilling to extend the buyer the courtesy of making sure the product they ship is of reasonable quality so the consumer must either accept those terms and roll the dice or vote with his wallet. I am voting with my wallet.

FF
    Sorry to hear your experience was not up to standard. I have had a couple of transactions with Marstar and cannot say that my experiences were anything like what you have experienced. I ordered the M305/SKS combo and what I received was as I expected and ALMOST perfect rifle out of the box/oil bag. fit and finish was good, parts were almost perfect trigger guard was tight oprod guid was passable, but I still tightened it up. cleaned it and greased it and shot it. I will still replace the rear sight, front sight and flash hider to make it what I want in an m14 platform. all in all i look at it this way. an Chi com sks is worth 200 buck plus shipping so after shipping and everything this is what I will be at.

SKS/M305 Combo - $575.00 shipped to my door in a case
    SKS value - 200.00
    Case Value- 30.00

So I have a great platform to build on for $345, add a spring guide $40, Spring $10, flashider GI spec $75, front and rear sight about $125. So, for about 595.00 I have a really nice shooting 22" M14 clone to accompany my shorty.

Now, the machining is NOT perfect (CNC) but I was not expecting it to be it is similar to yours and I didn't freak out about it. a M1A Springfield has its own issues or has been know to have its own issues and it costs 1700US from a site sponsor on here plus shipping as a comparison. You wanted an inexpensive M14 you got one. Tweak it, and tune it up and you will have a blast! Or return it and get you money for it and move on, if you want to keep the SKS then pay for it! It was a package deal, if you only want PART of the package the price changes... Live with it. Just my thoughts the way I see it.

If you don't wanna deal at Marstar, don't! I am sure there is someone else who will purchase what you otherwise would.....

Still kicking myself for not jumping on this deal before it went away.

Any idea when the next batch of m-305's are coming in ? All this negative stuff is a little concerning but I realize You've got to roll the dice a little when you order one of these but I'm pretty sure if I asked john to do a personal inspection before shipping hed probably have no problem with that . I don't expect absolute perfection by any means ( especially at this price point ) but I do expect a functioning rifle with a with a great warranty , and from what I've heard marstars is really good that way . All the best everyone ! Ernst

When if first saw this deal, i was just getting into the hobby. Now that I really want a 305, the deal is gone and im kicking myself. My local gun store has one for $600, but thats a little steep for me right now. If more of these come along for a similar deal im going to jump on it as soon as i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Any idea when the next batch of m-305's are coming in ? All this negative stuff is a little concerning but I realize You've got to roll the dice a little when you order one of these but I'm pretty sure if I asked john to do a personal inspection before shipping hed probably have no problem with that . I don't expect absolute perfection by any means ( especially at this price point ) but I do expect a functioning rifle with a with a great warranty , and from what I've heard marstars is really good that way . All the best everyone ! Ernst

All of the M305's are capable of beaing a great shooting rifle out of the box with very little work, some require a little more than others. However, here are plenty of us who have done that work on our own, and have attended Hungry clinics that can point you in the right direction.

CGN Regular
    By the way, there several thousand satisfied customers out there who do not agree with you.... But what do they know ?
    John [/B][/QUOTE]

I am one of them.... all those pictures of poor quality etc etc.... didn't see any of it on mine.... if the rifle is inaccurate, it's most likely my markmanship... :D .....
    Best bang for my buck(s) for sure!!!