Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This .50 BMG owner says thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    Thank you for your efforts - i too have bought 50 BMG ammo from you.

Just a question - does this PMC ammo not come from Korea? In which case, the US is also paying for shipping to get it halfway around the world...

I agree that they (USA) are buying more at a time, but surely their discount is not THAT big - given that some US dealers (still having to buy from a US middleman/importer) are selling them for under $25 per 10....

So at $59 per 10, it is more than double what the US dealer (not importer) is selling it for....

I don't really understand the maths. I was the sole agent/importer for Carl Walther and some other brands in South Africa before moving to Canada in September, so I do know a small little bit about importing firearms/ammo from overseas.

I'm just curious how some US shops can sell the PMC ammo at under $25 a box of 10. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=47078

Anyway, not wanting to start a war here - just genuinely curious.
    Wow.... at $2.50/rnd I would be able to afford a 50. $6 a pop is still too much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Where can one get a .50BMG rifle.
    Canstar lists one, with no price.
    Why? Is it because, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".
    Sounds like the perfect gun to buy, to celebrate the ending of the LGR.
    Providing one can be had for around $5,000.oo

There are many places to get a 50 it is all about how much you want to spend. I will say this it is worth every penny! There is no feeling like shooting a 50, I have and LTR3 by PGW.

This is just a few

PGWDTI - Custom
    Alberta Tacicalt - Custom
    Tactical Import - SEMI Auto $$$
    Wolverine - AI

Reloading cost.
    Brass new primed IVI match $8.00ea
    Brass IVI Match once fired $2.00ea
    100 CCi 50bmg Primers $50.00 per 100
    50BMG powder $26.00 1 lbs

Bullets

Pulled Ball $1.5
    A-Max $ 100 per 20
    Laupa $100 per 20
    Accurate Bullet $ 80 per 20

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Where can one get a .50BMG rifle.
    Canstar lists one, with no price.
    Why? Is it because, "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".
    Sounds like the perfect gun to buy, to celebrate the ending of the LGR.
    Providing one can be had for around $5,000.oo
    The Steyr HS50 rifles sell new for around the $5000 mark if you shop around a bit - that is for the single shot version without a magazine. The magazine version is more, but absolutely not necessary.

I also have the PGW LRT-3 and it is to say the least - AWESOME!!! They sell for $8500 directly from PGW defence.

Some others sold here are in excess of $13000, and IMHO not worth the extra money over the PGW. The PGW comes in a CADEX Chassis, already has a fully fitted Pelican 1770 case, cleaning kit, 2 mags and an awesome Atlas Bipod.

The Cadex chassis is a folding stock chassis and already has all the picatinny rails on (supplied), so there is nothing much you have to add except ammo and a scope.

And Ross and Steve at PGW are just the best guys to deal with EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    The Steyr HS50 rifles sell new for around the $5000 mark if you shop around a bit - that is for the single shot version without a magazine. The magazine version is more, but absolutely not necessary.

I also have the PGW LRT-3 and it is to say the least - AWESOME!!! They sell for $8500 directly from PGW defence.

Some others sold here are in excess of $13000, and IMHO not worth the extra money over the PGW. The PGW comes in a CADEX Chassis, already has a fully fitted Pelican 1770 case, cleaning kit, 2 mags and an awesome Atlas Bipod.

The Cadex chassis is a folding stock chassis and already has all the picatinny rails on (supplied), so there is nothing much you have to add except ammo and a scope.

And Ross and Steve at PGW are just the best guys to deal with EVER.
    Shop Around!?

Shop where? Not much out there in 50BMG

BANNED
    Shop Around!?

Shop where? Not much out there in 50BMG
    I think what the meant was that you can get the same rifle from many different stores, find the best price. Lots of stores all get there rifles from one main importer. They all pay the same price for it but the selling price varies a lot. The last STEYR HS50 I bought was $5,200 with tax and to my door step. Some places still want $5,700 for the same rifle.

Can you give the names of 3 places that carry 50 BMG rifles?

Seeing you are in ontario call EPPS they had stock before.

BANNED
    Can you give the names of 3 places that carry 50 BMG rifles?
    I bought my first two from Wolverine supplies, they carry a few different models
    I bought the last one from The Outdoorsman
    P&D in Edmonton had them
    West Edmonton mall has a mag feed STEYR sitting on the shelf last time I was there
    The Shooting Edge in Calgary has a STEYR and the have a mag fed Nemesis

I can go on if you like???

$$$

Quote Originally Posted by dirteemax View Post
    I bought my first two from Wolverine supplies, they carry a few different models
    I bought the last one from The Outdoorsman
    P&D in Edmonton had them
    West Edmonton mall has a mag feed STEYR sitting on the shelf last time I was there
    The Shooting Edge in Calgary has a STEYR and the have a mag fed Nemesis

I can go on if you like???

dude, you are a blessed man. (and obviously you have a healthy income and, i'm guessing, no kids :-) i remember those day$, and i certainly don't want to know about your private life, but dang! most of us just don't have the resources to buy a 5,000 dollar rifle, let alone three. sure the quick and easy response is, don't get into the .50 game then, but in the U.S. you can go lower budget and buy an upper receiver for around $800-1200! [let's not start the debate on .50 upper recoil non-issues, that's been hashed out on other threads].
    so, why can't those be found up here? is it that hard to manufacture a bbl and upper receiver combo? how are guys like Bohica [yes, i know. he has a bad business reputation. i'm talking about manufacturing costs here] and others doing it for $800-1200?
    and ditto, on the ammo statement mentioned earlier, ...how much does a retailer actually have to buy to get U.S. [$2.50/rd.] prices?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast