Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Korean M1 Garands green light.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RememberTheSomme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62xfun View Post
    I got the hand select one! man we sure are lucky to get there rifles after 50 years of hard use! heres the new old girl!Attachment 26679
    Is that a .308 or .30-06? What version of Boyd's wood is that? Klingon cloaking wood perhaps?
    A Glock pistol is "Perfection" in every direction. As for myself,....... Have Gun, will Babble.

I'm in for a case.
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

If they do come im in good for a box of 10 easy.
    I never knew i always wanted 10 m1 garands but now that it's financially feesable I need one for every room of the housey

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I would be more interested in a quality US made new manufacture one. I have an original and would be more likely to buy one that i wouldn't feel bad shooting the crap out of.
    You're way in the wrong thread then pal.
    For one thing, these are virtually fictitious rifles. Another, IF they ever materialize, they sure as heck ain't new manufacture. Save yourself some grief and go now, fast. For your own good, before it's too late, and you read all the pipe dreams people on this thread here have of mystical, fabled Asian M1's that by some miracle will be in working condition after roughly 62 or so years of being stored in conditions in Korea that would make rifles look like the artifacts on the Titanic wreck.

There' a site in the States that makes what you're looking for. They specialize in Garand restorations, I forget their name (just google for them) One or two of the vendors here have brought in their rifles before. They take Garands, refurb them and usually put new Criterion barrels on them. About as close as you're gonna get to what you mentioned.

BTW, you Bluenosers can make a fine joke, I truly liked your posts, but let's get serious here for a minute.
    I have the lowdown on what the real Korean rifles available are, so listen up.

I have found out that all the surplus crates of these Garands are a mixed batch from the regiments that stormed the enemy positions at the famous Korean battles of Heartbreak Ridge AND Pork Chop Hill. For a complete collection you should get one rifle from each engagement.
    AND, either General MacArthur (Douglas MacArthur) OR Ike (Dwight D. Eisenhower) inspected and touched every one of them just before they were crated up for storage. Ike pressed his oak leaf cluster into the wood of every crate to leave his mark. It's the army equivalent of having the Pope's blessing on every rifle. If you check them over you can find their fingerprints on the steel somewhere. You might get a "Mac" or an "Ike" blessed rifle.
    And, that's not all, on top of that, each one of them has an old letter from home written to the soldier who owned the rifle during his tour in Korea, rolled up in the butt stock as a memento. True pieces of history, yours to own. Would I make this up?

On that basis, I think they're gonna sell for 4 or 5 grand a piece when they finally get here. A bargain at twice the price!
    Yep, based on about as much scientific evidence as I've read here so far for the lesser quotes that were bandied about.
    Put that in your MacArthur corncob pipe and smoke it.

Oh my...
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 300Spartans's Avatar
    You people should be buying Asian made M-14 clones, not Garands.
    Liberals really like POOR people, they're making more of them every day. --- Bearhunter (with permission)

Expired Business
    Fellow Garand lovers;

Lets get our facts straight;
    Most of the ammunition was long ago sent to the US Government for the Civilian Marksmanship Program

Marstar began work with the Korean Government officials back in 2004,

The US Government has placed every possible roadblock in the path of South Korean MOD exporting them....

I see many photos, descriptions, etc posted on this forum, I would be interested in discussing the findings of the various individuals who, in fact, visited the storage depots and examined the rifles. They look nothing like the ones we checked out....

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    BTW, you Bluenosers can make a fine joke, I truly liked your posts, but let's get serious here for a minute.

I have found out that all the surplus crates of these Garands are a mixed batch from the regiments that stormed the enemy positions at the famous Korean battles of Heartbreak Ridge AND Pork Chop Hill. For a complete collection you should get one rifle from each engagement.
    AND, either General MacArthur (Douglas MacArthur) OR Ike (Dwight D. Eisenhower) inspected and touched every one of them just before they were crated up for storage. Ike pressed his oak leaf cluster into the wood of every crate to leave his mark. It's the army equivalent of having the Pope's blessing on every rifle. If you check them over you can find their fingerprints on the steel somewhere. You might get a "Mac" or an "Ike" blessed rifle.
    And, that's not all, on top of that, each one of them has an old letter from home written to the soldier who owned the rifle during his tour in Korea, rolled up in the butt stock as a memento. True pieces of history, yours to own. Would I make this up?

On that basis, I think they're gonna sell for 4 or 5 grand a piece when they finally get here. A bargain at twice the price!
    Yep, based on about as much scientific evidence as I've read here so far for the lesser quotes that were bandied about.
    I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post

Now I'm in for two cases.
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast