Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Surplus Garands from South Korea

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    why would that have any bearing on the garands? these rifles are not blocked by the tariffs. the fact they want to move all of them at once for ~$300/ is the problem. hundreds of junk ones for each good one, all at too much money is the issue.
    Well, if there's more traffic back and forth, that means the shipping prices might go down. Maybe. I just want a Garand.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose308 View Post
    I have read that all these garands have already been destroyed. Loaded onto a US Navy freighter, and dumped off the coast of California.

But that may just be an internet rumor.
    So they loaded rifles in Korea onto a ship, then transported the rifles all the way to California just to dump them overboard?
    I'm sure that even the US military has some kind of EPA restriction from dumping garbage into the ocean. And why couldn't they just dump them overboard near Korea?
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Quote Originally Posted by joe.danay View Post
    So they loaded rifles in Korea onto a ship, then transported the rifles all the way to California just to dump them overboard?
    I'm sure that even the US military has some kind of EPA restriction from dumping garbage into the ocean. And why couldn't they just dump them overboard near Korea?
    He was kidding.........................I hope

Quote Originally Posted by smokeater40 View Post
    He was kidding.........................I hope
    Myself as well...
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    Myself as well...
    Would make a cool reef for the tree huggers.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    They are on the way to Canada as we speak .
    But they are coming reborn (ie melted down) in the form of Kia & Hyundai automobiles
    lol.....I think there is alot of truth in that statement , thats where many military surplus firearms end up , IN THE SMELTER !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Dump them off the sandy shores of Nova Scotia I promise I can get them Back!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Again, it is an internet rumor. But, my take on it was that the US took possession of the garands (as they actually do belong to the US) loaded them on boat, and on the way back to the US they finally got the word from the gov't that Obama did not want all those garands to make it back to US territory. So as they approached US waters off the coast of California, they were pushed by the pallet load into the deep dark blue.

That is the rumor.

I don't know why, but there's that little shred of hope every time I click on this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=Moose308;9868001]Again, it is an internet rumor. But, my take on it was that the US took possession of the garands (as they actually do belong to the US) loaded them on boat, and on the way back to the US they finally got the word from the gov't that Obama did not want all those garands to make it back to US territory. So as they approached US waters off the coast of California, they were pushed by the pallet load into the deep dark blue.

That is the rumor.[/QUOTE
    Well I don't believe it, just due to the ecology thing, but if they did, can anyone find out the coordinates of the dump site!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".