Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New gun buyer unhappy with purchase.

OP, please provide pictures of the shotgun and everything you received with it. Being computer saavy you might choose to highlight on the pictures what the problem areas are and what is wrong and missing.

Personally, I was taken once really well, and subsequently a few times afterwards but by then I should have known better. The major screw was back in the mid 70s when I dearly overpaid for a premium shotgun at a store in downtown Toronto aptly called "Skinners" and by nobody else but by Skinner himself.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

Quote Originally Posted by gungal30 View Post
    This posting is why I dislike internet forums, I was behind this man at Epps and had to wait my turn behind this "wronged" customer. The people at Epps should have been commended for their patience with this man. First he wanted to return it because the bore was damaged, which the staff took time to explain was gas ports. Then he complained to the staff that the "bubble wrap was different" as a reason for return.
    Then it was the dirt (the gun was clean I was right there). They took time to get another gun to show that each of these make believe issues were not a problem and gave a direct number to call if he had anymore issues. This poster then AGREED to take his gun home. After he left I was shown over a dozen pistols, great advice and great service was given from the same fellow who was the owner and was there on a Sunday morning to help. I could not believe this post when my husband read it to me, this fellow should be ashamed.

This post is fishy. Just joined the site and just happened to be at epps at the time lol.

EPPS seems to have seen the post, and is trying some damage control. Give the man his money back or a new firearm. That's the only way I would ever spend any money there. As of right now I will never buy from them.
    Last edited by onurb; 02-16-2015 at 08:53 PM.

This posting is why I dislike internet forums, I was behind this man at Epps and had to wait my turn behind this "wronged" customer. The people at Epps should have been commended for their patience with this man. First he wanted to return it because the bore was damaged, which the staff took time to explain was gas ports. Then he complained to the staff that the "bubble wrap was different" as a reason for return.
    Then it was the dirt (the gun was clean I was right there). They took time to get another gun to show that each of these make believe issues were not a problem and gave a direct number to call if he had anymore issues. This poster then AGREED to take his gun home. After he left I was shown over a dozen pistols, great advice and great service was given from the same fellow who was the owner and was there on a Sunday morning to help. I could not believe this post when my husband read it to me, this fellow should be ashamed.
    This sounds more like the truth. I am in there all of the time and almost always get above average service. Who in there right mind doesnt look at a gun when it is opened right in front of them , obviously if this was an internet deal then you get what you get. Buyers remorse sounds more like it.

gungal30 I like your story...but...this is your first post on this site. You happen to be at the store at the same time as the OP...I smell something fishy...

Disclaimer: I have never met and I do not know the OP. I never have had any dealings with Epps either.

Tagged for interest.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    This should be interesting now
    typical British wankers

I don't post often but read a lot of stuff on this forum. This looks so fishy its not even funny. Speculation for sure but if someone created this account just to try and make the OP look bad or discredit them and the store knows about it or has something to do with it...I am just blown away. What are the chances?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    This can be interesting .

All my Sigs come new and appear as such . But when I get them home and white glove clean them . I often find carbon and crap in them. From factory firing.

So my take on this is odd.

Yes some guns are super clean and some seem dirty.
    I have purchased over ten guns from Epps.
    My Beretta 90-2 dirty , 2 Glocks clean , Ruger 1022 appeared clean but found carbon in the guts . M14 clean . SKS packed with crap.

You'll notice one thing there. You purchase lets say a Mossberg 590a1. They bring the box down open it .

This is your opportunity to inspect it, take another one , decline it .... whatever.

They give you a slip to pay for it at the cash . You return paid its yours .

This happens a Al flarities , Epps , Al simmons. Fishing World .

When that box opens and they look at you for your acceptance.

This is your quality control step .

If this happened and you bought it anyway its basically your fault .

BUT having said that. I have opened the box on a Mossberg 590a1 with the wacky trigger reset on it and I couldn't get it to fire at all and had to take another gun. It was broken in the box . I generally don't dry fire guns but this time I did. Finding this out at home. I would have been pissed off too.

If you buy a Ruger 1022 for pinking whom cares about this stuff youll mark it soon enough.
    But if you buy a brand new ACR NR enhanced in black and are planing on collecting it. These cosmetic issues matter a lot .

Ordering stuff over the phone I ask them to pull it from stock , open the box , does it work ?
    Then I say, "lets pretend we are family" , and for a moment "you care". Do you see anything wrong with it ? because I'm collecting it and I will send it back .

This is who I protect myself . I suggest you do the same. And wish you the best .
    This is it - Once they get the box open for your inspection, it is up to you to check it out and see if you like it. Most the firearms I have bought, have had fouling from when the factory test fired them. Online or over the phone is a different animal, but if you are there in person you can check it out before deciding to buy it.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Any body surprised that Epps is saying nothing about this ? I'm not ......
    Lets see. Its monday. Anyone that can read will see epps is CLOSED on monday. Who do you think is going to answer you today?

Quote Originally Posted by gdrew View Post
    gungal30 I like your story...but...this is your first post on this site. You happen to be at the store at the same time as the OP...I smell something fishy...

Disclaimer: I have never met and I do not know the OP. I never have had any dealings with Epps either.
    Fishy is a little bit of an understatment.
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast