Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ***New to Canada*** BERSA THUNDER 22-6 .22LR PISTOL

Quote Originally Posted by P12 View Post
    If BERSA is going to make one with a 106mm they should leave the front sight on the slide instead of the barrel, that should be cheaper to produce and it will look better. They could also do away with the internal safety, the one on the side that you need a key for, there is no need for that in Canada, so if that wasn't included that could also make it cheaper to produce.

I always wanted a PPK and this might be as close as I can get to owning one.
    Agree entirely. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. Right now I just can't get over what is in my view a very goofy looking barrel.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    Agree entirely. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. Right now I just can't get over what is in my view a very goofy looking barrel.
    Same

^ same... Would have bought one day one.

Tactical Imports, think you can talk to BERSA about that?

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    That goofy barrel gives you a long sight radius, making it much more forgiving to shoot accurately!

This design wasn't made for the Canadian market, it was an independent design that had already been developed a long time ago especially for target shooting
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    That goofy barrel gives you a long sight radius, making it much more forgiving to shoot accurately!

This design wasn't made for the Canadian market, it was an independent design that had already been developed a long time ago especially for target shooting
    Exactly, sort of. Look at an old Star F Sport Model 22 LR (Spanish-made). This Bersa pistol is nearly a cosmetic look-a-like to it. Nothing new under the sun. Seems to be a tried and true design for plinker .22's. (and yes, closer to a P38 'look' than a PPK).
    Can't speak to the Bersa myself, but the old Star is a joy in the hand, very ergonomic with the rear palm swell built right into the frame. I was warned however to watch them (Star's) for a worn bolt or something else in there, as they can end up going FA when something goes out of whack in them. Nice to know. Hopefully the Bersa has no such anomalies. ;-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I might just have to put this on the want list. I don't have a light .22 pistol. Might make rimfire fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Exactly, sort of. Look at an old Star F Sport Model 22 LR (Spanish-made). This Bersa pistol is nearly a cosmetic look-a-like to it. Nothing new under the sun. Seems to be a tried and true design for plinker .22's. (and yes, closer to a P38 'look' than a PPK).
    Can't speak to the Bersa myself, but the old Star is a joy in the hand, very ergonomic with the rear palm swell built right into the frame. I was warned however to watch them (Star's) for a worn bolt or something else in there, as they can end up going FA when something goes out of whack in them. Nice to know. Hopefully the Bersa has no such anomalies. ;-)
    I'd say closer to the Walther PP Sport, than the Star series:

Last edited by Tactical Imports; 03-02-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post

Fair enough. I personally prefer longer barrels that are more integrated into the design, but appreciate what you're saying. My 'goofy' comment stems from the goofiness that is our pointless and restrictive laws that sometimes the cause of longer than needed barrels in our market.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I might just have to put this on the want list. I don't have a light .22 pistol. Might make rimfire fun again.
    One of the nice things about these is that they built like a real pistol with steel and the same high-strength alloys seen in their full size models and not the pot-metal/toy plastic seen on a lot of other .22's out there. It is very solid and a lot of fun to shoot! Anyone that buys one is not disappointed!
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast